The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
Drive-In 4x4

72 Cheyenne with blank options sticker

Hello, I have a 72 Cheyenne that's fairly solid although it's kind of a mystery to me. It looks to be original and "patina" wise looks to have always been a Cheyenne. The glove box options sticker is there but completely blank yet is an old sticker. Its been out in garage since I bought it 12 years ago. Anyway I haven't found the build sheet and it's probably just a basic Cheyenne... Kind of new to them. Is there any tell tale things to look form to confirm its identity as a Cheyenne? Read somewhere on here that if it was built in Canada you can send to get info. Not sure if it is Canadian or not yet...but my luck it probably isn't? Any ideas on finding out this information? Lastly it has the standard tailgate with same "patina" as rest of truck, so it's probably original. Did Cheyennes come with the embossed Chevrolet standard tailgate? I've seen another one in town same color almost identical "patina" wise optioned as a Cheyenne and not the "Super" but it had the better tailgate.

(Sorry for saying patina so much... However it fits my truck) paint is all there but highly oxidized so paint is dead. Kinda looks cool that way but rust is just around the corner if it was outside. Makes me believe that it's original by looking for signs of repaint... So just wondering if it is a Cheyenne. Thanks!

Last edited by Drive-In 4x4; 02-17-2019 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Changed date of ownership
Drive-In 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #2
72 tigger

Re: 72 Cheyenne with blank options sticker

Does it have a cargo light on the back of the cab? Pics are helpful
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Does it have a cargo light on the back of the cab? Pics are helpful
That ^^^ and does it have carpet, scroll vinyl seat, woodgrain panels in the door panels, chrome bumpers and hubcaps, woodgrain lower side trim, three seat belts? Are you saying it doesn't have the woodgrain band on the tailgate? Does it have the lower trim instead?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
rustytruck50

Sounds interesting....definitely need some pictures

'05 RCSB Sierra 2WD
'71 Sierra 2WD Longbed
'98 Silverado K1500 Xcab...sold
'72 Highlander"Raymond"...sold
rustytruck50 is offline   Reply With Quote