The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
cgster

Carpet Question

Is the carpet most places sell for 400 auto transmissions the same as standard floor shifter transmissions? Is the high transmission hump the same for both? Thanks.
cgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
tim_mc

Re: Carpet Question

Yes, I had this very question a few days ago and here's what Stock Interiors stated:

Hi Stock Interiors,
I would like to confirm that I ordered the correct carpet. I have a 1967 Chevy C10 pickup with the fuel tank removed. It originally had a 4-speed manual transmission (high hump), but has been converted to a column automatic. I will be carpeting over the gearshift area on the tunnel.

Can you please tell me the difference between these two part numbers, and if 9860 is the correct carpet?

9860: 1967-1972 Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Carpet, 400 Transmission, High Tunnel, Gas Tank Removed
8008: 1967-1972 Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Carpet, 2 WD 4 Speed, Gas Tank Removed

Per Tabatha/Stock Interiors:
They both use the same mold. They are both high tunnels. So you are fine.

Edit: Both p/n's above are for cabs with the fuel tank removed. Carpet goes to the back, but not up the back wall of the cab.

Last edited by tim_mc; 07-31-2019 at 01:32 PM.
tim_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
cgster

Good, thanks Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mc View Post
Yes, I had this very question a few days ago and here's what Stock Interiors stated:

Hi Stock Interiors,
I would like to confirm that I ordered the correct carpet. I have a 1967 Chevy C10 pickup with the fuel tank removed. It originally had a 4-speed manual transmission (high hump), but has been converted to a column automatic. I will be carpeting over the gearshift area on the tunnel.

Can you please tell me the difference between these two part numbers, and if 9860 is the correct carpet?

9860: 1967-1972 Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Carpet, 400 Transmission, High Tunnel, Gas Tank Removed
8008: 1967-1972 Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Carpet, 2 WD 4 Speed, Gas Tank Removed

Per Tabatha/Stock Interiors:
They both use the same mold. They are both high tunnels. So you are fine.

Edit: Both p/n's above are for cabs with the fuel tank removed. Carpet goes to the back, but not up the back wall of the cab.
cgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:32 PM   #4
dmjlambert

I don't understand why listings in catalogs and websites mention high hump in connection with TH400 transmissions when choosing carpet. Is that a common thing that a truck with a TH400 would have a high hump? Mine has a low hump and I ordered a carpet for a "TH400 truck" and the carpet is for a high hump, so it did not fit. I put a 2X12 on top of the low hump to bring it up to high hump level so I could just use the carpet.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #5
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
I don't understand why listings in catalogs and websites mention high hump in connection with TH400 transmissions when choosing carpet. Is that a common thing that a truck with a TH400 would have a high hump? Mine has a low hump and I ordered a carpet for a "TH400 truck" and the carpet is for a high hump, so it did not fit. I put a 2X12 on top of the low hump to bring it up to high hump level so I could just use the carpet.

I agree. My TH400/small block also doesn't have a high hump. Luckily, I caught on to ACC's error of assuming the high hump was required for a 400 and ordered for a low hump.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote