The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
randy500
Account Suspended

68 K20-SOLD to an honest buyer after a texas buyer strung me along

For all you “Special” armchair quarterbacks….

A potential buyer arised on the forum (not Nancy), he offered full price pending shipping. The next day he said shipping to new York was like $2800, I offered to pay $1500 of that to get the deal done. He declined.

Then Nancy from Texas inquired saying he might make an offer, later he offered 10k “cash” saying his wife would go no more. As part of the agreement I need to hold the truck till November
I agreed if I removed the tilt tach and steering wheel I just installed and said pay in full by 6pm the following day.
The next day he declined via PM and was a little rude about it.
He also made some rude comments via PM about the condition of the truck.

A day or so later he asks whats the best price, he states he will fly out and drive back, we discuss any issue the truck may have with a long drive. I agree to sell at 11.5k, he says he will wire the money. Pending doctor approval to drive and fly.
Next day doctor says Nancy cant drive, he says he can only send a check. Wire transfer is too difficult.
I explain I have inquiries local and its listed locally, he sends a text message stating to sell it locally then. The message was rudely worded.
Later the same day I agree to accept his check, he apologizes for being rude.
I waited all day for verification he sent a check.
The next day he sends a photo of an envelope addressed to me, not a photo of the check.
5 days go by and no check arrives and a man that has been inquiring says Im wiring the money, I need your info. I gave the info and received the money a half hour later. He agreed to pay me to deliver the truck to CA, I loaded it up and left the following day.
Anyway, I lost confidence in buyer Nancy to do anything he agreed and sold it. I hate it when buyers don’t do what they say and don’t even like dealing with buyers.
I sold it in a very smooth transaction to a man in CA who is a man of his word.

Nancy is not a man of his word and engaged me in a very flimsy transaction to sell the truck. All he had to do is put some actual money down to secure the deal (which creates a contract) and he wouldn’t even do that. Now he is crying about how it all went, he set himself up for failure the whole way.

I have never engaged in such a flimsy deal but did it because he is a forum member, never again!
Old 07-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
siggyfreud

Re: 68 K20-SOLD to an honest buyer after a texas buyer strung me along

This pretty much describes almost any deal I've ever done on craigslist, ever. Hell, I've gone through this just trying to give away legitimately nice stuff for free!
Old 07-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
leddzepp

Re: 68 K20-SOLD to an honest buyer after a texas buyer strung me along

Since neither one of y’all posted anything in the for sale thread on the board, and ALL of this happened via PM and text messaging it’s just a bunch of hearsay. Truck is sold, end of story, time to move on.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
RIP FleetsidePaul
Closed Thread