The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
03BlkZ

Carpet from LMC

Good morning. I recently bought some carpet from LMC for my 70 C10. Th carpet looks and appears to fit great but it goes all the way to the back of the cab. Is this correct? I would need to punch holes in it to reinstall my gas tank. I don't remember the old carpet being under the gas tank.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Chuck A

Re: Carpet from LMC

Original carpet did not run below the fuel tank. LMC catalog states in their description, “Trimming will be necessary on trucks with an in-cab gas tank”.

If possible, You might consider not trimming. That way there would be no risk of cutting the carpet short and it might reduce noise.
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
03BlkZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
Original carpet did not run below the fuel tank. LMC catalog states in their description, “Trimming will be necessary on trucks with an in-cab gas tank”.

If possible, You might consider not trimming. That way there would be no risk of cutting the carpet short and it might reduce noise.
Thank you. I must have missed that on the website. I'll take a look.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
03BlkZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post

You are correct sir. Now the question come of do I trim it or not. Anyone else experienced this and what did you do? If I trim it how do I do it in a way that the carpet will not start to fray on the end?
Old 11-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
pjmoreland

I trimmed mine to run right up to the front of the tank. I left it full length on the left and right sides if the tank. I melted holes through it for the seatbelt bolts. I don't think it is going to fray back there. Even if it did, it is completely hidden. My one complaint about the LMC carpet is that the loop strands are extremely fine and snag on the tread of my shoes. There is already a fuzzy patch under the brake pedal, and the carpet is only one month old.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
03BlkZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I trimmed mine to run right up to the front of the tank. I left it full length on the left and right sides if the tank. I melted holes through it for the seatbelt bolts. I don't think it is going to fray back there. Even if it did, it is completely hidden. My one complaint about the LMC carpet is that the loop strands are extremely fine and snag on the tread of my shoes. There is already a fuzzy patch under the brake pedal, and the carpet is only one month old.
What did you use to cut it with?
Old 11-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
HeyRed

Any future plans to move the tank to the rear?
HeyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
03BlkZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRed View Post
Any future plans to move the tank to the rear?
No sir. I am in deep resto currently and just had it painted. If I was going to do that now would have been the time.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #9
pjmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BlkZ View Post
What did you use to cut it with?
I just used scissors. I left a small radius on each inside corner to help prevent tearing.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote