The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Question for Rickspickupart...

I noticed in that other thread that you said pretty much the whole truck was built from aftermarket parts.

Would you offer up your opinions as to which parts were great and which ones needed help?

I'm bringing my base model truck up to 72 Super Cheyenne specs and I'm needing a lot of little trinkets. I'd really like to hear an experienced opinion on what aftermarket parts work well and what I should search out used original parts for.

I'm sure that as a vendor of these parts, you have vested intrest in selling these things, but I'd really appreciate any input you will offer.

Thank for you time,
Kevin
Old 12-17-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

The aftermarket companies have made alot of improvments in the last few years, but as w/ NOS or aftermartket everything takes skill, time and a lot of patience (I think CPNE said it best in this thread ). If you have good sheet metal USE IT, don't just change it for the sake of having new stuff.

The truck that we started with (in the restoration thread) was a basket case and it was justified using all new stuff.

If you have any questions feel free to call me.

Shawn
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

As far as the smaller parts go there is a difference between different manufacturers, and I could go on saying that "I only sell the best stuff on the market and so on...." But in all reality there are only a small number of places that ACTUALLY manufacture the parts and we try to "weed" out the bad ones the best we can.

And I am sure that for the most part all the vendors purchase the parts from the same sources and go through the same trial and error.

But keep in mind that sometimes even the best part on the market is still far from perfect.

Shawn

Last edited by rickspickuppart; 12-17-2003 at 03:24 PM.
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote