The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #1
1972BackInBlackC10

Question Inline Tube prebent lines

Whats everyones opinions on inline tubes pre bent lines? Iv seen people say their lines are nowhere near close to being right and had to be reworked significantly to fit. Has anyone else experienced this or had better luck with them?
1972BackInBlackC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
Lee H

Re: Inline Tube prebent lines

I’ve used their SS pre-bent brake and fuel lines on 3 restorations now. One on my 72 C10 and two mid year corvettes. Only a few lines needed slight tweaking to fit properly. I have another mid year I’m restoring and have a full set of of lines for that one. I’ve heard of some instances where folks had problems and like any other product I’m sure their are some problem parts. IMHO, I think that the majority of problems come from configuration issues like engine in 6 vs 8 position, swapped transmission and or differential, incorrect booster, short bed conversation, mix of C10/C20, etc.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #3
KevinK7

Similar as noted. I had a situation with a '67 Camaro (convertible) and honestly I struggled getting the lines to fit. In my case it was a fuel line and due to the extra floor pan reinforcement on the convertible, that was causing the issue. I contacted inline (actually sent them my old lines) and in the end I got ones that fit pretty good.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Willys_MB

I used them when I swapped front crossmembers. I went from a 68 to a 71 (disc brakes and power steering).

Everything fit PERFECTLY except for the part where they go up from the crossmember to the master cylinder/prop valve. I'm not great at bending brake lines, so I just mangled them up trying to get it to work.

I had previously called them and they helped me figure out which set to order, so I was pretty disappointed when they came and it looked like they expected my master cylinder to be somewhere under the bench seat inside the cab.

For me, I'd rather invest in a good flaring tool and tube bender and do it myself next time.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #5
Willys_MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys_MB View Post
I used them when I swapped front crossmembers. I went from a 68 to a 71 (disc brakes and power steering).

Everything fit PERFECTLY except for the part where they go up from the crossmember to the master cylinder/prop valve. I'm not great at bending brake lines, so I just mangled them up trying to get it to work.

I had previously called them and they helped me figure out which set to order, so I was pretty disappointed when they came and it looked like they expected my master cylinder to be somewhere under the bench seat inside the cab.

For me, I'd rather invest in a good flaring tool and tube bender and do it myself next time.
One thing I didn't mention that I really liked was that the lines came with the same spring wrapped around the lines in areas where they might chafe. I thought that was a nice touch, but again, not worth the disgusting mess of brake lines in my engine compartment until I have time to redo it.

In the end, I was happy I bought them because I have two young kids and not a lot of free time, so it saved me a LOT of trial and error of bending my own brake lines.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #6
Grumpy old man

A few years back I called them to order a standard kit over the phone and lets just say it was a cluster f**k , I got 1/2 of the order and they were hard to deal with let alone it took weeks to get it straight and they were terrible fit , I decided a few weeks ago to replace it all with stainless . So I rolled the dice and took a shot at ordering their stainless 67 disc conversion kit off their website $189.00 + . It's the same kit that CPP sells for a disc brake conversion . It arrived in a couple short days and it fit with very little tweaking . Looks good , fit good , shipped fast , Big difference from the last time . The 2 upright lines are bent to work with the CPP master , See the thread below .

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=711288

https://www.inlinetube.com/products/sctb67d4
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 02-03-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
Tom70C20

I used Inline's stainless brake lines on a '71 Camaro. The fit was pretty good, just a few small bending mods that didn't require any tools.

On my C20 I made them myself with mild steel but it took a lot longer and there was some frustration with all the trial and error since it was my first time.

The stainless tubing looks nice but is much harder to bend and get it to seal. One suggestion if you use stainless is to remove and reconnect a fitting several times if you have trouble getting it to seal.

Last edited by Tom70C20; 02-03-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Tom70C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
68 P.O.S.

I've used their rear brake lines and had zero issues.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #9
Accelo

I have used Inline Tube for several items.
I found them receptive to customer input.
At least you can call them and get a live person.
Try that with CJPONYParts. Crap parts and worse customer service.
Yes they sell truck parts too. Just attempted to return some parts and received the "ignore him" solution.
If you configuration is stock I believe you will be happy with the tubing they supply.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #10
truckster

I did a complete stainless set on my 72 Blazer. No problems with the installation or with how they work.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #11
67C10Step

I'm finishing up a disc brake conversion on my 67 and used inline. Everything fit pretty well. The fronts along the crossmember required more tweaking than the rears but in the end not a big deal.

The one thing a search on this board helped me figure out was I had to take the CPP proportional valve and lay it flat so that the line going to the rear came in the front and the line going to the front came out on the engine side. Just like in Grumpy's post. My prop valve was preinstalled on the master another way. Fortunately, inline provided the lines from the master to the prop valve for this. I just had to modify the bracket.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #12
OL SKOOL

I'm just finishing up my frame work i used inline. I purchased a kit to do them myself and decided to go with the pre bent lines. Couldn't be happier everything fit great minor adjustments. All their line clamps work great also. Don't have the master on yet so that part i don't have a clue yet. Purchased the gas line also right on the money. Buy them you will be happy.
Attached Images

OL SKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #13
1972BackInBlackC10

thanks for the info and opinions guys i appreciate it
1972BackInBlackC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #14
BigBird05

I bought Inline Tube brake lines for my 72 LWB C-10. I was very happy with them. The only problem I had was the rear brake line( the one from the fitting on the side of the frame to the rear rubber hose) was to short. It took me so long to get to installing them that I couldn't remember if I ordered a LWB or SWB kit. So I can't say that it was there fault. Since I already had the SWB line and didn't want to make a jumper I went ahead and shortened the frame.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote