The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
cjohnson6772

Dual Diaphragm Booster Bracket Differences

I am looking to change my 72 C10 from single 11" booster to a dual 9" booster. I have seen the CaptainFab bracket and also the Master Power Brakes bracket. I noticed that they are considerably different in that the MPB bracket uses a bell crank to achieve the correct pedal ratio and the CaptainFab bracket does not. Can someone explain how the CaptainFab bracket avoids the need for this? Any foreseen issues or benefits with either approach?
Attached Images

cjohnson6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
OL SKOOL

Re: Dual Diaphragm Booster Bracket Differences

The only reason i can see for that extended bracket and bell crank set up is to give clearance for the column shift linkage. The 11" booster will not clear the shift linkage with Capt. Fab's mounting bracket. I'm still in mockup stage too but i should know more in a week or two. I still have to mount the pedal assembly and my steering column to make sure everything is a go. I have the dash still cut out i will try and get some pics.
Attached Images

OL SKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
Oldironracing

Has anyone figured this out yet? I have one of the captain fab brackets and love the way it looks and cleans up the fire wall. But still have not got really good brakes. They’re just ok. And yes before everyone starts to ask me everything is new and have bleed the system several times. I did re drill the pedal arm
Old 10-20-2023, 03:10 PM   #4
Rust_never_sleeps

does a bell crank really alter the ratio and allow the rod to use the same hole in the pedal?
I've been trying to decipher this for a while, since the instructions are laughable
Rust_never_sleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 04:00 PM   #5
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust_never_sleeps View Post
does a bell crank really alter the ratio and allow the rod to use the same hole in the pedal?
I've been trying to decipher this for a while, since the instructions are laughable
Yes and yes, the bell crank does alter the pedal ratio.. Five years ago when I decided to do away with the manual brake system on my BBC '71, I went through the same clearance and "appearance" dilemma.. After pulling my hair out I bought this "conversion kit" from Summit. At the time, they included a proportion valve. I see it's no longer included in the kit.

For me, with proper bleeding, it was a simple bolt-on and go procedure.

https://www.summitracing.com/tx/sear...s?fr=part-type
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote