The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2003, 12:20 AM   #1
1tonswb
Account Suspended

God.....I love old trucks!!!

Today.......driving down the road in my lifted 1ton 74 chevy thinking how nice of a day it is. Sun shining.......little bit of snow on the ground. Doing about 35mph and this honda pulls out on the street. I swerve to try to miss it but unfortunally I didnt. As the truck is getting thrown around Im thinking in my head "F$UK!!!! GOD DAMMIT!!!" I stop and get out and look at my truck.....not a scratch! I look at the honda......totaled! Her car spun aroun and hits a parked car. The 82 year old woman pulled it out of the body shop where she just had a scratch fixed. She didnt even look when she pulled onto the busy street. So I go up and see if she was OK. She was. At this point Im not mad at all because it didnt do anything to my truck. Cop shows up and looks at my tire tracks on her hood and asks "yours has no damage?" My reply......"I love old trucks!" About this time their rolling her car back in the body shop. Anyways my nephews ask me why I like the old trucks and I always tell them "they dont build em like they used to!"
1tonswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
Russell
Professional Grade

That beasty of yours raised or something? LOL Good to hear your old truck didn't get toasted, poor old lady though, thats gonna be an expensive venture...
Old 12-30-2003, 01:05 AM   #3
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

i backed up on the hood of a Honda with my stock C1500 once. she came flying up behind me as i was backing away from the gas pump. i never saw her coming. kind of funny seeing my truck on top of this Honda, with the bumper 6" or so from the wiper cowl. i wasnt as lucky as you, my truck did have some damage. i scuffed the under side of my hitch.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:15 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

glad to hear youre ok the whole problem with that story is the old hag was 82 at 82 if you must drive drive a golfcart or one of them scooters you have no business behind the wheel of a car. Chances are youre on meds that impair your ability to react much like alcohol does. you clearly dont have reflexes of a younger person and whether you want to admit it or not your mental acuity is not what it once was. Chances are ya cant see past the hood of the car either.When are the states going to pass laws where older people as well as people with disabilities have to pass a driving test every so many years? My guess is if the AARP wasnt such a large political contributor we woulda had them years ago
PS i hope the cop gave the old hag a ticket if for nothing else but bein stupid

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:35 AM   #5
Eyegore
What Hump?

Glad to here both of you are OK, sometimes it can be disaterous for the smaller cars when there is an accident. Your story reminded me of an incident with a small car. I was out in my 77 K5 blazer, 6-inch lift 36" tall tires, man I loved sitting high, well this TR6 came up behind me when I was stopped at a light about ready to make a right hand turn, well this jerk thought I wasn't moving fast enough so he bumped my back tire. Now I'm not sure you know what a TR6 looks like, similiar to a door wedge, he was low enough to go under my leaf spring and hit the tire, he was flipping me off cussing me out, so I just slipped the old K5 into reverse, you should have seen his face when he saw the reverse lights come on, "please, please I'm sorry he begged" it was so funny, but I was nice and spared him the agony of a totaled out car -- yeah I love old trucks too~!!!!!!
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:43 AM   #6
Mike76251

About backing over other cars............I have back-up "radar" on my truck. It beaps (under the dash) once when you put it in reverse. If you get within 3 ft of something it starts beaping ....getting faster as you get closer.
It cost $19 at Sams a few years ago and was a breeze to put on.
Mike76251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:53 AM   #7
1tonswb
Account Suspended

Old rusty c10.....I totally agree with you. DMV should have stricter standards for older people. About 20 minutes after the accident happened the old lady asked me "what happened?" "Is it my fault?" I just stared at her thinking "and they still let you drive?" I firmly believe that if my truck wasnt lifted then I would of had some good body damage. Instead of my bumper hitting her it was my tires.
1tonswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:39 AM   #8
silverado_ss03

i hope i dont get crushed considering my 84 shortbed is gonna be dropped and my cousin has an 81 longbed that he plans on lifting
silverado_ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:46 AM   #9
apstguy
LED King

My ex-girlfriend wasn't looking where she was going and her toyota land runner went backwards into my back bumper. Punched a huge dent into her liftgate. Bent my bumper (non original "ADE IN TAIWAN" bumper - not a typo) I jumped on my bumper and it popped right back into place. HEHE.

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote