The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
R&B51

Alignment

I think the frame is done. I had to notch it a little bit to get fuel tank in where it would drop out the bottom but otherwise hoping I’ve got it all finished. C6 Corvette suspension and driveline, 51 AD 3100 body on top is plan.
Got to thinking I should take it down and have an initial alignment done and local shop is willing to do that. Planning to do final alignment after built and loaded -everything done. Using stock C6 rims and the tires that came with it to roll it around now but will change that out before driving it. I cut the leaf springs on stock C6 out and put coil overs on it to give me some adjustability but not sure how it’s all going to work out on ride height until it’s assembled have a little flexibility there.
Any experience from you guys who used custom frames from a shop or build your own like I did on this process?
I had not really thought about getting in mid build alignment until I was sitting staring at it the other day and realized if I had to do some cutting and welding and adjustment now would be the time to get that done before the body was on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote