The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #1
ToonMan

Panel truck production

Does anybody out there know of any production list for how many panel trucks were made? I've tried googling it and all I get is cameos, sedan deliveries, and all others. I have just sold a 56 panel truck in it got me curious to actually know exactly how many of them were even built.
Attached Images

56 Chevy Cameo----Custom, [Turquoise]
67 Chevy C10 Short Fleetside (Black & White)
63 Trailorboat-------Teardrop Style Trailer
69 Honda CM90
ToonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Panel truck production

I've got no idea on production numbers on any of them The Cameos were pretty well documented as to how many from the get go but other models may not have a lot of info left. A lot of GM info was lost in a fire a number of years ago.

I had a 57 Panel with a 327 that I had a lot of fun with back in the 70's.

I think I found the same info you did https://chevytrucks.org/1955-1959-ch...ck-production/

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:40 PM   #3
ToonMan

Well thanks for the info on the fire I had no idea. Yeah I had this panel for many years and I just didn't have time to work on it. So I sold it tow truck came to get it and then a tow truck dumped it off a bridge. The new owner was not very happy. I was just curious about production numbers so we can maybe say how rare the truck was for whatever kind of legal thing is going to happen to the tow truck driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I've got no idea on production numbers on any of them The Cameos were pretty well documented as to how many from the get go but other models may not have a lot of info left. A lot of GM info was lost in a fire a number of years ago.

I had a 57 Panel with a 327 that I had a lot of fun with back in the 70's.

I think I found the same info you did https://chevytrucks.org/1955-1959-ch...ck-production/
Attached Images

69 Honda CM90
Old 02-23-2022, 03:46 PM   #4
mr48chev

"Rare" doesn't add any value over what you sold it for. Anytime I see the "rare" word in an old car or old truck add I figure the seller is a wanna be flipper trying to jack the price up.

Now an original unmolested or restored rig that is "rare" because it is one of ___ made with that color combo, interior color and engine and trans package is viable thing, such as a red 57 Chevy 2 door hardtop that is red with a red and black interior and FI with the correct trans for FI and is all documented or a Cameo that is documented.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
Hcb3200

Let me guess. Tow truck driver forgot to pin the steering wheel. Since he has not towed anything old. Since modern cars the steering wheel is locked in place until you turn the key.
Hcb3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #6
ToonMan

Actually the truck was up on dollies. The truck has modern suspension and a modern tilt column. He just got too close to the edge of the bridge caught a dolly, and through that side off. Also slammed the body the door the step pretty hard. And also screwed up the lower a arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcb3200 View Post
Let me guess. Tow truck driver forgot to pin the steering wheel. Since he has not towed anything old. Since modern cars the steering wheel is locked in place until you turn the key.

69 Honda CM90
Old 02-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #7
mr48chev

It sounds fixable. Truck doors fit and the step parts are available as repro. It's when you get into Panel/Burb only parts that you have issues that are hard to solve. It still should be on the tow truck's insurance or dime. Damaged due to his not paying attention.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:10 AM   #8
ToonMan

It's definitely fixable but the whole truck just needs a lot of work anyway and I feel bad for the guy that bought it that he only had possession of it for an hour before somebody completely screwed it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
It sounds fixable. Truck doors fit and the step parts are available as repro. It's when you get into Panel/Burb only parts that you have issues that are hard to solve. It still should be on the tow truck's insurance or dime. Damaged due to his not paying attention.

69 Honda CM90
Old 02-25-2022, 03:48 PM   #9
mr48chev

Oh my Bad, I just spent 20 minutes looking for this thread on the Hamb thinking that someone had posted it on there as a "what should it be worth question. I was thinking it might have been the same rig that was in that Craigslist add on the burb in Amity Oregon in the found-on craigslist thread. Looks like a different cow out of the same herd though.