The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2022, 04:16 AM   #1
Captain X

Paint/Trim/Interior Options for 1967 Pickups

So I've been looking to do a restoration job on a 1967 Chevy C-20, but it's a very base model. I've seen a few other '67 Chevy pickups at auctions and online, and it seems to me that there are at least two different levels of trim offered. One is just the trim along the sides, which follows the crease around the wheel wells, and another adds a thin chrome piece the wraps around the back of the cab. The thing I've noticed about the ones with the cab trim is that they all have a white roof, at least that I've seen, anyway. I'm curious, did all of the pickups with the cab trim come with a white roof, or where there any that were just all one solid color?

I was also wondering what kind of interior options there were. I've seen on some that have a "Custom" badge on the doors, just under the window, that they have a nice padded door panel with an armrest. Does anyone happen to have a scan of an old brochure or something out of a book that showed the different options by chance?

Basically I'm looking to up-trim what I have, but I'd like to keep at least mostly accurate to what was originally available at the time.
Captain X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:43 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: Paint/Trim/Interior Options for 1967 Pickups

Here is the brochure to download ,

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-...Truck_PCK.html

You can just Google

"1967 Chevy truck specs"

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
Captain X

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:55 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

There was the standard base trim, Custom, then CST. Both Custom and CST came with the side trim. The trim for the top is on any truck with a two-tone top, which was available with any trim level. You could get solid color at any trim level.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #5
Captain X

Thanks.

Was thinking to paint it all one color, probably a dark blue, and still have the trim because I thought it looks nice. Good to know that was an option, though.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:52 PM   #6
georgieb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There was the standard base trim, Custom, then CST. Both Custom and CST came with the side trim. The trim for the top is on any truck with a two-tone top, which was available with any trim level. You could get solid color at any trim level.
That helps me as well. I am just finishing up a shortbed 67K10 that came without any spid. So I am trying to recreate what would ave been on my spid, but I added a white top (correct color and correctly painted) but mine is a base truck so it is good to know it was an option on a base truck. As a base truck I have no trim anywhere other than the paint divider trim for the white top.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:28 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I've come to like trucks with base or mid-level trim that have choice selected options more than a full-tilt bells & whistles Cheyenne Super. Love those odd combos and love those trucks ordered by a guy who you can tell knew exactly what he wanted and what he didn't. Not only did GM give a wide array of choices in options with few restrictions, but these trucks best represent the transition from trucks being workhorses to also making great personal vehicles. Many truck guys were slow to accept the "softer" options, like automatic transmission, power steering, carpet, and such. "That stuff has no place on a truck", was commonly heard. And you could see that in how many trucks were ordered. When it came to appearance that group was split. Many liked a handsome truck and they took it easy enough on them that they wanted trim. You'll see that in a base trim truck that got trim, maybe 2-tone, a/c, full foam seat, and other niceties. But no power steering, manual transmission, and rubber floor covering. I've seen base model trucks with more options than a Cheyenne Super, including anything they could order that a Super came with. They wanted the nice stuff but were hard headed about what they didn't want. I remember hearing the men talk.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:18 AM   #8
georgieb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've come to like trucks with base or mid-level trim that have choice selected options more than a full-tilt bells & whistles Cheyenne Super. Love those odd combos and love those trucks ordered by a guy who you can tell knew exactly what he wanted and what he didn't. Not only did GM give a wide array of choices in options with few restrictions, but these trucks best represent the transition from trucks being workhorses to also making great personal vehicles. Many truck guys were slow to accept the "softer" options, like automatic transmission, power steering, carpet, and such. "That stuff has no place on a truck", was commonly heard. And you could see that in how many trucks were ordered. When it came to appearance that group was split. Many liked a handsome truck and they took it easy enough on them that they wanted trim. You'll see that in a base trim truck that got trim, maybe 2-tone, a/c, full foam seat, and other niceties. But no power steering, manual transmission, and rubber floor covering. I've seen base model trucks with more options than a Cheyenne Super, including anything they could order that a Super came with. They wanted the nice stuff but were hard headed about what they didn't want. I remember hearing the men talk.
Very astute observations Tim. And I appreciate your preferences. You talk of something that no longer exists when ordering a vehicle, and perhaps that is why folks enjoy "building" their own truck as they prefer with a 67-72 truck rather than staying entirely original. I love hearing you talk about the sociological aspects of trucks.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote