The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2023, 10:18 PM   #1
PbFut

Proportion Valve internals question.

I had a major failure of a PV2 Proportion Valve purchased from Inline Tube about a year ago. So I bought another and received last week. Even using the safety switch lock out tool, it was impossible to bleed the rear circuit. I tried everything. Finally verifying the safety valve was set correctly, I removed the rear circuit line at the Proportion Valve. No Fluid. I removed the proportion valve section of the newly purchased PV2 block and it was different from the failed PV2 Assembly. The failed assembly was not in the proportion valve area and has the stopper portion of the valved seated to the case. I am unsure if this is correct or not. The new assembly had this stopper plate free and will slide in the bore. The old valve allows the rears to bleed. The new valve will not allow the rears to bleed no mater how I do it, (gravity, vacuum, or old fashion brake pump) So to the point of this post.
CAN anyone confirm if the proportion valve section of the PV2 Brake combo block is supposed to have the stopper pressed together and not float as in first photo or is it supposed to float and be controlled by the spring behind it as shown in second photo?
Attached Images

PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
PbFut

Re: Proportion Valve internals question.

No one knows?
Inline says it should float. They are sending replacement. Guess we shall see.
PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote