The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Rooster's 67

gas tank relocation with van tank?

Has anyone used an early 70's late 60's van gas tank between the rails on one of our trucks. guy was by my shop the other day and said he had used a 73 van tank, years back to convert one he had. I have not seen where or how one of those tanks ar located/attached so I am just not sure but he said it was a nice BIG tank in the neighborhood of 25-28 gallonsand fit in the SWB frame behind the diff.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Rooster's 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the old vans like that were mounted between the frame rails and it was a pretty big tank ( i had a couple of them old things when i first started driving) If i temember correctly the gas outlet was on the left right at the rear of the truck

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
Rooster's 67

trying to find a later model with ability to put my fuel pump in the tank without having to modify an existing tank. maybe later blazer or van but have not had a chance to go the bone yard and start measuring myself yet.

thinking something full size and 87-88 or newer to have the in tank pump.
I have an external pump good for 100 PSI but I dont want to buy the $125+ regulator required to handle this pump and bring it down to 52-60 psi.

Personally I dont screw around with hacked or slapped together fuel systems or brakes(that is two systems that you want the least amount of chance for failures)

Tank with internal pump will be the easiest jsut dont want to modify a new tank to fit the pump and sender.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Rooster's 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I had a tank out of a 75 chevy van and it hung down lower than what I wanted so I never installed it... The tank was wider than the frame rail's and hung below the sheet metal..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote