The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
william 70 c/20

Unhappy best way to lower 70 c/20

i'm makin power,now i need it to handle better...i have a big block over the front coils and leafs(leaves?) in the rear...i'd like to drop it a couple in the front and several in the rear(get rid of the stinkbug look)...also want to keep the front end from rising(or rear end from dropping) when i launch...thanks to all...
(2) 70 c/20's (1 steel (driver),1 wood bed(project))
driver:
402+.60
edel intake & 750 cfm carb
msd 6al w/super hei kit
tci streetfighter TH400 w/cast alum pan & 2400 conv(8mos old,super leaky)
hedman elite headers
dual 3" w/h-pipe and delta 50's
dual elec cooling fans
lots of chrome

Last edited by william 70 c/20; 01-10-2004 at 10:17 PM.
william 70 c/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
LoX_69

Unhappy

i'm wanna know too
LoX_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
craig@ridetech.com
Formerly LSC71

C20 Lowering

I don't know what kind of money you have to put into suspension for your truck, but a great way to get it down and make it handle better would be to put an airbag kit on the front and do a parallel 4-link w/bags on the rear. If you are pushing any kind of good horsepower you would want to get rid of the leafsprings anyway and a 4-link would get you a lot better hook-up and handling on the rear. The airbag kit on the front will be able to handle well and also carry the weight of your engine. You will be able to set your rear ride height pretty much wherever you want by putting on the 4-link kit and then you can always adjust your air pressures to help you get a good launch.
craig@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 03:57 AM   #4
GMCPaul

We can set you up with a drop spindle disc brake conversion on the front of your C20, and for the rear you would either need to use shackles to lower it 2", flip the rearend on top of leaves for 4"-5" lowering in the rear. If not concerned with 3/4 load carrying capabilities dropping some you can also remove 1-3 leafs from your rear springs while use lowering shackles to get more than 2" lower in the rear.
Why don't you want the front end to come up as rear goes down when you launch hard as this is the truck transfering the weight of the truck and torque to the rear wheels for traction at launch.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote