The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Piper71c10
Unending Project

Door Adjustment Help?

Hey Ya'll. Back from the great white northwest. Whew! That was one hell of a drive through Oregon last week. I was towing a '64 3/4 ton LB with my blazer.

Anyways, I been wondering how I would go about attempting to adjust the drivers door on said blazer. It's out too far at the rear top, and doesn't latch or seal very well. The PO had it painted sometime in the recent past, and I'm guessing the crappy macco he took it to screwed up the alignment.

I know about shimming the striker assembly, but I don't think that will affect how the door hangs.

Thanks,
Piper
Piper71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
walker

If it is out too far on only one corner it sounds like you are going to have to tweak the window frame a wee bit. You can do this by putting a block of wood in the jamb and applying pressure. If the whole top is out, you cn move the top hinge in a bit. If the whole aft end of the door is popped out a little you can move the striker in by loosening the bolts and sliding the assembly in. Or any combination of the those.
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote