The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
69 air cab

Big Thanks for a fellow truck guy

Some of you may remember me posting two threads stating I could not find the right inner bearing to fit my truck. I finally had a local chevy dealer state I had the right bearing, which led me to believe I had the wrong spindle. Well.......a new friend, "1972C107" (AKA Don) from TX went out of his way to drive miles to take a pic of a 69 hub and spindle. After seeing that I knew I had the right spindle and it must be something else. So I miced it again and finding it was only a nats hair differenc, I took some light sand paper and work on it checking ever few min. After a little while it (bearing) slide right on. Don has also helped me find a few parts the last week or so and has been a GREAT help.
This tread is to thanks "1972C10" in a BIG way, because it's made my life better.
I don't know why the spindle/bearing fit was like that but hopfully I'm done with any more to do with that.
Thanks again Big Don and thanks to all other for your continuous support in what I hope to be one of the finest show trucks out there.
69 air cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

man your making me want to cry

how kool................................................................................................ .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ..........................................
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
1972C10
Account Suspended

Im just Glad That I Could Be Of Some Assistance
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

thats what this site is about and why its so good!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
70ChevyLongbed
Howzit?!?

Thumbs up Slightly OT

I was planning on starting a similar thread about another member I just met… then when I saw who it was that started this thread, and I had to share.

A couple of weeks ago started talking with '69 air cab' about some parts. We agreed on a deal for the parts and I was finally able to get over there yesterday. After dealing with and meeting '69 air cab' (aka Bill) I can tell you this… he is not only a super nice guy, but he’s generous and unassuming. Bill is a true asset to this board, in knowledge, experience, and friendship. I look forward to returning the favor and helping my new friend with anything I can.

Jason

70 Longbed, 307, Edelbrock Carb 1404, Edelbrock Intake 2101, Dual Roller Timing chain and gears, 214/214 cam, Comp Roller Rockers, dual Flowmasters.
1999 Chevy Tahoe
2004 Mini Cooper S
71 BMW 2002 - Sold
70ChevyLongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
69 air cab

now I think I'm going to cry........ha.
Thanks Jason.....good to meet you......keep that 70 puring as good as she is.........man she sounded good.
And I have to say.......this is a great site!!!!
69 air cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:57 AM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Thats what it is all about, and this place has some of the best people posting on here.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote