The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
slam33

Sat quick paint job

Well I got sick of looking at it and most of my freinds did too. With 3 big cups of coffee in me I went down to the garage, dug out the GM Resto black which is the stuff they use on new body parts, the eggshell semi flat black, and started to do a paint job. Mine you, I'm going to replace all the sheet metal including the cab and bed, so I don't really want to waste a lot of time knocking out any of the dents or fixing any of the rust holes. I can live with it for a while till I do the body swap. I used 3 sheets of 400 to sorta scuff it, hosed it off, taped the glass and chrome and shot it. Took 3/4 of a gallon at $35 per. Today I buffed it out. It looks ok if you stay back about 20 ft. It looks real good at nite. Here's some pics. First one is Sat morning. The other two are about an hour ago.
Attached Images

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

</A>
slam33 is offline   Reply With Quote