The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
ucmydust68
fuel

inline tube where do they go????

ok so i got my pre-bent brake lines from inline tube and im trying to put them on, the only problem is that the only ones that really look like the factory diagrams are the ones for the rear axle and the one that runs up the passenger side frame rail. the front ones are completely crazy, and they all have different sized fittings on the end. any help or diagrams that i could look at that you guys and gals know about that might help would be great. anyone else had this problem??
thanks
chris
ucmydust68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
lost wages

i did those on mine also and had a hell of a time trying to figure it out, what i would do is lay them out in the truck, the rear axle is obvious and so are the two that are long and straight, from there its a matter of finding which fittings fit in the next possible one and you WILL have to bend the line a little to make em fit right, if you need help let me know'
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #3
bagged91
Out draggin'

I used the SS line kit from Inline Tube on my 91'. It took some figureing but it ended up everything was right on the money.

I take it that you don't have your OEM lines still in the truck? I did & I needed to look at them to figure it out. Maybe someone on here can post some pics of theirs

Did you get the stainless fittings too? I ordered them with the SS fittings & the braided stainless flexlines. The only problem I have with mine now is the flex line in the rear weeps brakefluid everyonce in a while.
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Yeah, I had the some issues with mine also. Mine was screwy from the start because I orderd a kit for a '72, but my frame is a '69 or '70. My front brake lines used to rout behind the front cross member and now they route in fornt of it. Also, the rear hard line that feeds the axle lines routes different. I guess mine was sort of a "custom" application, but I finally got everything to fit. Which kit did you order?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
ucmydust68
fuel

hey slammed,

i ordered the kit for my 72 short box 2wl drive. its the SS kit. im not sure, im gonna heat the garage up and see if i can tackle it tonight, if not you feel like getting together and checking it out, ive got a few other questions for ya also. let me know.
thanks
chris
ucmydust68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Chris,

I'd be more than happy to come by and help you with the brake lines. If you can't figure it out, let me know. Either way I'd like to come by and check out your progress.

Jason