The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Part Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2002, 11:34 AM   #1
70cstguy

Post needed title and vin. plate

About 2 years ago my father got two 59 apache swbs in oklahoma (he lives in Pa) no titles for either, only bills of sales. This is a big problem in Pa getting reconstructed titles. Would be much simpler to just change the vin. with a clear title. If any one has one for a parts truck there not fixing, we would be interested. email me and let me know. thanks!

------------------
70 cst/10 swb 350/350
Old 01-26-2002, 12:14 AM   #2
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

Lightbulb

HEY! LET's Try the reverse route! Find a motor vehicle registration department address in Oklahoma. Write them a very nice but clear letter describing your need to obtain a Oklahoma title. Send copies of the bill of sale and a photo (use a digital with time date stamp) of the truck and then "zoom in" on the serial number (also known as the VIN Number). It is located on the drivers side on the top frame rail behind the shock mount location. Use white chalk to "fill-in" the stamped serial number, and tell them you need a replacement title. If you have a freind or relative in Oklahoma, you might be better off using them as "the go-between" and or as the return address for the registration/title people.
Then once you get a clear "replacement title" from OK you can get a PA title with no problem! Been there done that! rico_bob

------------------
If you think you can you're right. If you think you can't you're still right.

Current project: 1957 Chevy Short Wheel Base Stepside, with '58 GMC Big Window Cab, w/327 camel heads, 350 TH Automatic, tilt wheel, and thinking of doing a IFS.

Trucks: '56 SWB; '57 SWB; '63 C-10
Current projects: 1963 Long Fleetside for the wife!
'56 for the daughter.
Visit us at: www.ricos-rods-and-relics.com
rico_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
70cstguy

thanks for the response rico_bob. I'll pass the info along to my dad today. I think he has a friend in Ok. that could help him.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

Hey you're welcome! I would try the reverse route, it should work. Better than trying to do what you first thought about. Because motor vehicle places and the fuzz frown on modifying VIN numbers. Besides, you have a legal VIN on the frame. All early trucks and most cars had a VIN on the frame and one on the door post or dash board with matched numbers. Oh yeah, you might as well do both trucks while you are at it to save the hassel of doing it later. Perhaps the friend in OK will luckout and find someone at the DMV who is a restorer or rodder and is sympathetic to your situation and makes it easy for you guys! Good Luck and let me know how it works out. ricobob

------------------
If you think you can you're right. If you think you can't you're still right.

Current project: 1957 Chevy Short Wheel Base Stepside, with '58 GMC Big Window Cab, w/327 camel heads, 350 TH Automatic, tilt wheel, and thinking of doing a IFS.

Trucks: '56 SWB; '57 SWB; '63 C-10
Current projects: 1963 Long Fleetside for the wife!
'56 for the daughter.
Visit us at: www.ricos-rods-and-relics.com
rico_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:16 PM   #5
Dobbs

I've never used these folks; not recommending them but they offer an interesting service.
http://www.titlesunlimitedinc.com/how.html
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote