The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
mx jim

Question How much is this truck worth?????

I am was looking for 67-72 chevy 4x4 short bed. So the other day I was driving and I saw this dealer ship with a 70 chevy short bed fleet side out front. So I stopped and to talk to the owner about it. It has a new green paint job witch looks pretty good but you can tell it has a lot of bondo, and a few spots were you can see the paint bubbling I little bit. The guy said it has a new 383 motor with camel hump heads and headers, duel flow masters, 4” rancho suspension lift front and rear, and new chrome wheels. The interior seems pretty good it needs door panels but other then that it seems ok. He put a new master cylinder in it and he did not bleed the cylinder so the brakes don’t work to well. Also the signals don’t work. He also put the wrong shocks on it so it will need those too. It also needs a new front grill, the one on it has a few dings and dents. The motor seems to be pretty strong when I drove it. I also put it in 4-wheel hi and low and it all seems to work good. So I just want to get an idea of what it is worth. I am 18 years old and want a good 4x4 that I can have fun with and that looks good, but I can still play in the dirt with it.

Thanks guys
James
Old 02-09-2004, 04:24 AM   #2
walker

Any where from $2000 to $4500. IMO keep your eye on the parts board for a truck to pop up. You can by a beater and put your money into painting it and making it what you want for less than you can buy one from a dealer. Since you are young and presumably male stay away from the 4x4! you can't afford it, trust me. There was a 69 lwb in Phx for $1000, if was a fair truck, driveable. There is also one in Washington for $2000 that looked nice. Might even post a WTB ad on the parts board and see what comes your way.
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote