The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2004, 01:44 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

KRZ Customs ?

Anyone have any pro's or con's on this shop? I'm not looking for rumors or . If you have facts about their quality, let me know...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:01 AM   #2
TIMSPEED

Isn't KRZ located in Fresno or something? I'd be more than happy to take a ride and look at their shop if need be...
Old 02-18-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yeah they are in Fresno. I am "considering" one of their body dropless frames. Just trying to get some input on their work. Everything I have read on FSC.com and Sportruck.com seems to be very positive...www.krzcustoms.com
Old 02-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
BaggedC10
Under construction!

KRZ Customs is an excellent shop. I believe they were one of the first shops in NorCal too. I've heard nothing but great comments about their components and service.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

I was talking to another shop owner in Cali and he also said they do great work.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #6
TIMSPEED

I seen one of their bodydropless frame's at a local carshow a while back. Looked like top quality. You're thinking about getting it for the Blazer Ken?
Old 02-19-2004, 01:20 AM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

It's one of the many thoughts right now. I am working with Roger at Stoked Out Specialties where the Blazer is now. We know we want the front lower than the stock suspension will allow without major mods. We have been looking at all the IFS on the market, and weighing the pro's and con's.

By the time we mod the stock frame like we want, it may be more cost effective to have a frame built. We considered that too, but most frame builders want a fortune, and they aren't "designed" for bags. They "convert" them, but they aren't designed for them.

The KRZ set up is "designed' for bags, and will lay frame with 22's or 24's. I don't plan to run 24's, but 22's aren't out of the question...
Old 02-19-2004, 02:27 AM   #8
bagged74
its just $$$$$

why did you have to post this, now you have gotten me to thinkin. Have you talked to them about makin one for a blazer? Maybe we could get a deal if we bought two. hahaha
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #9
TIMSPEED

Quote:
Originally posted by N2TRUX
The KRZ set up is "designed' for bags, and will lay frame with 22's
So you want to lay frame as opposed to body?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #10
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally posted by TIMSPEED

So you want to lay frame as opposed to body?
Timspeed..... I'm pretty sure it's just a figure of speech. He wants it low as sh!t & still be driveable. To do that w/the stock set-up is alot of work & when your done..... well, it still looks like a stock, bulky, GM truck front end.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
Timspeed..... I'm pretty sure it's just a figure of speech. He wants it low as sh!t & still be driveable. To do that w/the stock set-up is alot of work & when your done..... well, it still looks like a stock, bulky, GM truck front end.

That is all correct. I'm not after "laying" frame so I can drag stuff off and make cool sparks. I just want it to hover above the ground with a slight rake while rolling through the parking lot....
Old 02-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by bagged74
why did you have to post this, now you have gotten me to thinkin. Have you talked to them about makin one for a blazer? Maybe we could get a deal if we bought two. hahaha
Yup, I called them Tuesday. I haven't talked to Jeff yet. He's the dude that builds the frames. Even though they don't list a 73-82 Blazer they say they can build it.

I also like the fact that is uses 88-98 GM truck balljoints. That means no Mustang II arms or spindles. They do use a modded M II rack for steering, but the frame isn't notched. It has a kick up so it clears the rack without a notch.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #13
SCOTI

Quote:

I also like the fact that is uses 88-98 GM truck balljoints.
Would that mean it uses 88-98 spindles, brakes, calipers, & bearings as well?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 02-20-2004, 01:15 AM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Scoti,
Yep, you got it. They set it up for 88-98 ball joints and everything is 88-98 too. What that means is it will have "truck" suspension under it rather than Mustang II parts....
Old 02-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #15
FuelCellGuy
FUEL CELL GURU

Go to...

Yahoo and type KRZ Customs in the search box. Look through the first few pages. There were a couple to three results from message boards where some were really slamming their work. I think their chassis look great. Wouldn't mind having five or six.
FuelCellGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:25 AM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Mark I'll try that. I did a search on FSC.com and Sportruck.com already. Everything that came up was very positive. I haven't read anything bad so far. Looking at the pics on their site tells a lot too. It appears they turn out some top quality work.

The question is is it worth it compared to an aftermarket IFS and slicking out the stock frame...
Old 02-26-2004, 01:52 AM   #17
baggedblaz

hey N2TRUX did you hear a price yet? just curious it might change your mind real quick?
'95 chev 2wd Xcab swb
baggedblaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #18
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yeah, they told me 4000.00. That gets you the basic frame and A-arms. You provide everything else, including motor mounts, trans crossmember, body mounts, rear suspension mounts, tanks mounts, spindles, etc.... It gets pretty expensive no matter how you look at it.

We finally decided to go with modding the stock frame, and put a Scotts Hotrods IFS on...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #19
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Yeah, they told me 4000.00. That gets you the basic frame and A-arms. You provide everything else, including motor mounts, trans crossmember, body mounts, rear suspension mounts, tanks mounts, spindles, etc.... It gets pretty expensive no matter how you look at it.

We finally decided to go with modding the stock frame, and put a Scotts Hotrods IFS on...
Either way it'll be a bad mofo for sure.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #20
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Izzy, I spent a few hours at Stoked Out this weekend discussing all our options. Roger was very patient going over all the possibilities. We talked about building a frame, buying a frame and modding the stock frame. After considering all the options, and what we wanted the end result to be, we decided to go with replacing the stock front suspension with a Scotts IFS.

We will have to replace the front frame rails with wider pieces to clear the a/c on the LS1. This is what they did on the 62 T-bird they are building....
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2004, 03:45 PM   #21
Izzy
Trucker.

Looks great. I was eye balling all those pics for a while.

We're having a meet for FSC in Rowlett next Sat the 6th maybe I'll swing by Stoked Out if they're open.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #22
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Give Roger a call. He's a super nice guy, and would probably love to show you the shop. You can see my tired @ss Blazer, and my 77 which is now in pieces again...
Old 02-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #23
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Quote:
and my 77 which is now in pieces again...

Uh-oh. What are you up to now, Ken?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:02 PM   #24
SCOTI

I don't think Roger has time to show anyone the shop. I hate to admit it.... but I work alot of hours & he can make me look like a part-timer.

Between his personal vehicles, customers vehicles, shop projects, chasing down parts (like a 1-off steering rack for a 2 seater Mercedes w/an LS1), homeowner responsibilities (and squeezing in time for the wife & kid), friends, family, church......he never lets up. I wish I was 1/2 as motivated.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 02-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #25
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
I don't think Roger has time to show anyone the shop. I hate to admit it.... but I work alot of hours & he can make me look like a part-timer.

Between his personal vehicles, customers vehicles, shop projects, chasing down parts (like a 1-off steering rack for a 2 seater Mercedes w/an LS1), homeowner responsibilities (and squeezing in time for the wife & kid), friends, family, church......he never lets up. I wish I was 1/2 as motivated.
That's cool. I'll just wait until they have their next show to check it out.