The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
moneyguru

Question Self introduction to board, please read and reply! thanks!

It's not Christmas but I would like to take a moment and introduce myself. I have been a member of board for a couple years now, but don't post on a regular basis. Please do me a favor and take a moment to read this entire email, and if you have the time reply with your thoughts.

My name is Chris Chambers, I live in Kalamazoo Michigan.
I am a financial advisor who is a car nut, and currently own the following:

1993 Audi S4 Silver (my daily driver)
1993 Audi S4 Black (Wife's daily driver)
1985 VW Scirocco that has a 96 2.0 and isn't stock )
1986 VW Scirocco Wolfsburg (ready for restoration or ?)
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 with ~ 67,000 original miles, and is as rust free as a 914 is allowed to be. )
1967 Chevy Long bed Stepside pickup, 95% resoratin done.

As you can see I am a car nut, and love all sorts of cars. As a financial advisor I am always marketing my services to a wide range of individuals. The reason I am introducing myself is because this year I have made what I belive is an important decision. I have decided that I want to work with people that share the same passion for cars as I do. I want to be the car lover's financial advisor.

I have been told by others that this is called niche marketing, well I think of it as a way to meet more auto friends that can also be clients.
What could be better than working with someone who shares the enthusiasm
for cars as you?

This is not a solicitation for my services, I can only work in states that I am licensed. What I would like to know is if you think this is a good idea? Would you prefer to work with a financial advisor who is a car nut like yourself?

Thanks you very much!

Chris

PS you can email me at chrisanjenn@yahoo.com
moneyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Bowtie67

Cool

Welcom From NH, and don't want to really see pictures of Jap stuff just the truck. so lets see what ya got..

Bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Oborny71

welcome from Nebraska! nice to see you on here again!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #4
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally posted by Bowtie67
Welcom From NH, and don't want to really see pictures of Jap stuff just the truck. so lets see what ya got..

Thanks!

But I don't have any Jap stuff....Just good ole american iron and German! )

I'll try to get some pics of the truck posted this weekend. It's red(aren't they all). I do need to get bumprs for it, install the interior, and the instrument cluster is cracked so I need one of those.

Well there's always soemthing to do right?
Old 03-04-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally posted by Oborny71
welcome from Nebraska! nice to see you on here again!
Thanks guy, I'm trying to make time to come her emore often...71 posts is way too low for me. (

Last year was a busy year for me though, got married, remodeled the kitchen, etc.

This year is the year of the truck! That's the plan atleast...

Old 03-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Alex Hayley

Chris, when you do post the pictures....toss in a picture or two of the S4's if you would not mind.
Alex Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
moneyguru

Pics

You got it Alex!

You a closet Audi enthusiast?
Old 03-04-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
bpmcgee

Money,

It sounds like an interesting idea. On the other hand, when I go looking for a plumber, I don't seek one who also loves trucks. I find the best plumber for the price. When I'm searching for an attorney, my first question is not "So, do you prefer the 'Taskforce' designs or the 'Custom Sport Truck' designs?" These are both people whom I seek for a professional relationship, not a personal one.

My Mom is CFP, and so I understand that, in that field, personal and professional relationships tend to overlap. So, take my comments with a grain of salt.

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Alex Hayley

Thanks. Not in the closet at all. Love Audi's...just wish I could justify $45K+ for an S4.
Alex Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #10
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

I'm with bpmcgee... I have a financial advisor who is a GREAT guy, and has lots in common with my husband, but we wouldn't stay with him for just that reason. He has to be good at what you hire him for, and I wouldn't have looked for him to be a "great guy" I was looking for a "great financial advisor"
Niche marketing, at least in my opinion, does nothing but reduce the number of prospective clients. Good luck on your venture, and with all of yourcool cars/trucks!!!
P.S. I am a closet truck nut...I don't talk to my girlfriends about trucks, but my hubby sure loves it!

Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
Raven Lunatic
On the Hillbilly Highway

Personally, I prefer to associate with people who have common interests, and that includes all facets of my life... If I were in the market for a GOOD financial adivsor, one who loves cars would be a nice fit for me... as long as he knew what he was doing when it came to my money!

It sounds like an interesting idea, but I wouldn't limit myself exclusively if I were you...

1967 GMC 910, rolling frame coming soon!
Raven Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #12
Huskerboy2

I use a couple of financial advisors pretty extensively and to be honest, I don't care if they're car people or not. All I care about is that they take my money and multiply the heck out of it. I like them to be money people who undestand my goals first and foremost, after that, they can dress up in womens clothing, love cars, guns, whatever, it just doesn't matter.

I've met a lot of financial advisors who will be whatever kind of nut you want them to be. The problem is, they come off cheesy and a little like a used car salesmen. To be totally honest, if a financial advisor introduced himself to me and gave me his pitch on marketing to a specific segment that I happen to belong to, I would feel like he is just working an angle.

I'm not saying you're doing that, but it can come off that way and have a reverse affect on your business.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #13
moneyguru

Thanks alot for all the input everybody.

I guess I'm just a little burned out from having to meet and talk to people that turn out to be jerks. I can honestly say that there have been very few car nuts that I have met that I didn't like.

One of the rules I follow is to not work with someone I don't like seeing, no matter how much business they could bring to me it isn't worth it.

Thanks again

Chris
Old 03-05-2004, 03:47 PM   #14
Huskerboy2

Chris, let me ask you an honest and fair question, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I noticed you had another posting calling for a roll of board members from Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. In light of this post, it makes me think that your goal behind doing that might be to get customers. I assume you're licensed in Michigan, but would you happen to be licensed in Ohio and Indiana as well? Again, not trying to offend, my point is that those two posts together make it come across that way.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #15
moneyguru

That's an honest question, the august 2003 post regarding Michigan members having a gathering had nothing to do with the March 2004 post inquiring what others thought of my idea.

I am licensed in Michigan and Indiana but not Ohio. I am licensed in Indian only because a client of mine moved there and aked me to do so.

I apologize if my post asking for input on my idea came across in anyway like I was asking for clients or advertising. There are strict laws in place regarding how I can advertise.

I hope that answers your question, if not please let me know. I am an honest person and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

And again I thank everyone for their input, it has been extremely helpful for me.

Chris