The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

Carlisle all truck show August.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/schedu...k/whatsnew.asp

the carlisle all truck show, nuff said . I was going to take my little camper along ( and a beer ball) this year but they are still saying NO to On-grounds camping.
anyone else planning to go. DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
KShortell

Not to the All-Trucks show, but my Suburban is in the show field for the Carlisle All-GM Nationals every year.

Now, if they could only keep the 4WD Typhoons and Syclones out of the 2WD category...

Oh, well. Cheers!
KShortell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
blink32

There will be a stack of people going that I know. But I have a feeling this year will be worse than last year. First, its now in august and 2nd its bound to be more locked down than last year. That damn Nopi thing screwed up the all truck nats last year for everyone.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
rolson1039

i may go if i can get time to go up there prolly with my son... what is the nopi thing you are speaking about?
Old 03-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
blink32

Last year NOPI had thier Nopi Nationals for the Sport Compact car crowd in like April or May, before the All Truck Nats in June. Well there were a lot more younger guys/crowds 16-26 with that. Now I'm only 26, and I've done my share of dumass burnouts, etc. But the atmosphere at a lot of shows has been deteriorating and the Nopi Nats turned into an all out Mardi Gras just about. Ridiculously poor driving, fights, naked women all over the place, accidents, lots of vandalism. The law enforcement on hand wasn't enough because there had never been a problem like that before. Isolated instances of stupidity/fun is one thing. But the crowd size this thing drew and the apparent maturity level of those in attendence ruined the town. And the citizens were pissed. Carlisle does tons of shows/events a year. At any rate, to make sure it didn't happen again Law Enf was out in CRAZY force for the Truck Nats. And with good reason, there were some dumb kits setting off fireworks, etc. But then things we had done the past years, like sit just outside our hotel rooms on the property drinking and talking because we all shared all the front row of rooms, we werent' allowed to do. General state of harassment. It wasn't the funniest time I've ever had there.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #6
Izzy
Trucker.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/s...threadid=90251
There are quite a few members from FSC going. You guys that are going are more than welcome to park with us.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:44 PM   #7
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

yeah blink I noticed that the kids are taking it to a different level but I basically hang out in the nuts & bolts section.(swap meet) later in the afternoon i usually wander over to the T&A area and watch for a while . look at the 73-87s I see and few T& A's . I really dig the chassis dyno which was new last year and it is in the T&A area so whatever I have taken some sort of 81-87 to sell the last few years and i sit and BS with the other knuckle draggers. I just sold the 85 stepper and i have a hard bite on the unfinished 75 4x4 so i will most likely take the 84 SWB this year.If that sells before then I will prolly take the hot rod truck in to show DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote