The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
skynardh

wheels

anybody know how to convert a 5 on 5 bolt pattern to a 4 3/4 .bolt pattern on front on a 71 chevy pu. bought new centerline wheels for rear 15/12 can not get a front wheel with same bolt pattern to match.need help.
skynardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
The Dude

they make wheel spacer/adapters to change the bolt pattern. i think aim industries makes then among a few others. i dont know how reliable they are or anything.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:23 AM   #3
68LSS1

I don't know what your plans are for the truck but a Mustang II suspension set up will get you to 5 on 4 3/4's. Definately not cheap. There's got to be a way to find the right bearings/races to adapt a GM car rotor to the truck spindle. The reason I think this is possible is my Fatman set up uses Mustang II spindles with off the shelf bearings/races to fit it and GM 11" rotors. It should be possible to go the other way. Another solution would be to get a machine shop to drill your rotors to that pattern. It will probably be cheaper just to get different wheels. Good luck. I know you can get spacers but I just can't visualize how they can adapt from one pattern to another. Fot your sake, I hope they can as this would be the cheapest route.