The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
Lobo'74

Dash Lights Problem

Been working on Truck over the last week or so. Installed Juliano's 3 point seat belts, replaced the cowl to hood rubber seal and found a hole under the cowl passenger side open to the interior - thats why the floor was wet when it rained - epoxy patched it. Next I replaced the ineffective antenna with a taller one. The radio works much better, but I found the cable running through a hole under the cowl drivers side into the interior, so thats why THAT side of the cab gets wet in the rain. Caulked it for now. Replaced the mismatched oil pressure, temp, and volt gauges with sunpro's. Now they work fine, but after putting the dash back in the spedometer quit working. I had pulled up on the cable when working on the dash. Pushed it down and wiggled the connection going into the tranny back and forth a little. Now the spedometer works again. Turned on the lights tonight to check out the new gauges. They work fine but only the right half of the fuel gauge lights up now, the turn signals are green all the time until you use the turn signal, then the green arrow for the side you are turning to blinks off and on, and the spedometer lights very dimly when the parking lights are on, but goes out completely when the lights are pulled all the way out to the "On" position.

I took power for the new gauges from the same wiring the PO had the mismatched gages attached to. I am clueless as to whats going on. Its a non-gauge dash with the add on gauges mounted about where they go on a gauge dash. Could I have plugged the big dash plug (on the back side going through the flex circuit) in upside down? Is it possible to put it in that way?

Discouraging.
Lobo'74 is offline   Reply With Quote