The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2004, 02:43 AM   #1
ts71281

How hard is it to remove my 3 speed shifter handle from the column? What do I do??

Got my Muncie M-20 tonight and does it look nice! I'm going to put it in tomorrow but I wanted to ask you guys first, how do I remove the shifter handle from the collar on the steering column? Can I just knock the dowel pin out with a small hammer and punch and then the handle comes out or does the actual column have to come apart and do I have to unhook something inside. I have no idea how the handle operates inside the column and I just don't want to break anything taking it apart. Sorry for the short notice, hope someone can reply by the morning. Getting up bright 'n' early

Joe
ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:15 AM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Punch the pin out and pull the handle out... It's actually that easy..

I'm waiting to put my 4-spd in, You're lucky, You've got a stick in there now... Mine's an automatic..

Last edited by RON WOODGEARD; 04-10-2004 at 03:18 AM.
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
ts71281

Sounds good Ron, the 4 speed isn't in yet but it shouldn't be too long of a swap. I'm going to go outside and start right now. Everything should bolt right in, I had it built with a 10 spline input and 27 spline output so no clutch disk was needed or slip yoke didn't need to be replaced either. The tailshaft is also the same length as the saginaw as well with the speedo cable output. It's going to be a direct swap in, and then I'll get my ait cutoff tool out an cut my hole in the floor Time to go turn some wrenches and split some knuckles!

Joe
ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote