The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #26
ebfabman

Jason, thank you for the compliment. The cab repair DVD set is mainly assembly/ fit together of the structure and repair of the rust prone areas of our trucks and does not go into detail on the metal finishing part, remember there is a lot of area to cover when you are trying to show someone an overall view on rust repair of the bottom of a cab. The cab repair video is already almost three hours long. There will always be something else I could have added or omitted. I tryed to show a step by step process from start to finish without skipping alot of steps before going on to the next. As I said before, what you will see is the finished product of the video, but you can be sure it was a huge undertaking for me and a lot of work to get it down to just under three hours.
That being said, I will say that absolutely without a doubt the methods and procedures I use in the cab repair video can be used for ANY vehicle that uses sheetmetal as panels.
I am currently in the process of editing a fuel filler plate installation that does go into detail on welding and metal finishing but does not cover trim, fit, mockup, final butt fit, and fit of adjacent panels, as does the cab repair video.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #27
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

This looks awesome! Does it also go into the frame shortening as seen in the last few pics?

I will order one, just as soon as I can get a money order. I agree with the others, Paypal would probably make you rich with these! I use Paypal to buy most of my online goodies, so I know other would do the same.

So, what is your weapon of choice .... MIG or TIG?

Again, GREAT JOB! My order will be on it's way!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:10 AM   #28
jewels.

Quote:
Originally posted by 67Fleetsidedream
You may want to add your email address to the page in case some one other than a board member can get in touch with you.

efabman, great site!

in reference to adding your email address to a website, be careful! there are now electronic search engines used by SPAMMERS that search day and night for any websites that advertise/show people's email addresses....

if you have your email address on your website, you will opening yourself up to lots of extra spam....

there may be a way to avoid it, but i'm not an expert.... maybe if you put spaces inbetween each letter of your email address, the automatic searches will misinterpret your email address on the website.... (i dont know if this works for a fact, so i may just be spreading a rumor)....

for example, use e f a b m a n @ e m a i l . c o m instead of efabman@email.com

just a suggestion!
hope it was helpful!

jewels.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:27 AM   #29
ZOOMY

ttt

ZOOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 02:45 AM   #30
687980chevy

efabman I have done some fabricating always on the cab rockers cab mounts,ect.You are very good.My question is bedsides they are so long and flat I've been scared to tackle them.Some poorly done ones I've seen are as wavy as the ocean.Do your vids.cover them also?thanks
687980chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #31
ebfabman

Thanks jewels. for the tip on the email address. In fact thats why I have been hesitant to put it on the website. But I do think it needs to be there. I'll keep looking into that one.

glock35ipsc,I am in the process of editing a frame shortening video that is very thorough and detailed. Just need a little more time to get it edited and copies made.

687980chevy,no bedside video yet but in the Door Repair Video I replace the lower portion of the outer skin from the front of the door to the rear. It is a fairly long flat area that I welded in solid all the way across. A pic of it can be seen on the website. In the Door Repair Video I do go into to detail on how this was done.

The Door Repair Video is almost ready to be published and should be available soon.

Thanks......eb
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote