The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2004, 12:28 AM   #51
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

It's bad enough to have one of these trucks, try six...

I added up the receipts on my 84 once about three years ago and got to about 6k. That was before the 700R4 trans, new front diff with ball joints, steering joints and steering box, plus the 12 bolt rebuild with 3.73 gears and a Detroit Truetrac. Now that I've put the Ramjet intake on it, electric fans, replumbed the fuel system for 45 psi and serpentine setup, I figure I just don't want to know any more.

My Indy Hauler is an even bigger money hole. It has a new Goodwrench 350 crate, 700R4 trans, 12 bolt posi and tires and I have about 6k into it. Now it just needs a new cab, bed, fenders, hood, doors, interior and paint. Uggh...

The good thing is that I have about $3500 in my 86 Diesel. Thats probably the least of any of my trucks (maybe the same as the Crew cab) and I've driven it over 30k miles this year.
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #52
bluex

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstguy
Honestly I don't ever want to know. Why bother? Just get done to it what you want and be happy. No need to total.

No one could have said it better. I used to keep my reciepts and add them up sometimes. I would get real upset at the $$ spent on it. Now I just trash them, I'd rather not know. I'm gonna build how I like it and not worry about how much is spent. My father gave it to me as my first vechile, and hopefully I can give it to my son as his. He actually pitched a huge fit today b/c I would not take him to daycare in it. He loves riding around in it now, hopefully he will be a gearhead just like me
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:39 PM   #53
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex
He actually pitched a huge fit today b/c I would not take him to daycare in it. He loves riding around in it now, hopefully he will be a gearhead just like me
yup, he's doomed.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:16 PM   #54
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

As for not knowing what I have in mine, it would drive me nuts not to know. It also drives me nuts to know. I am real anal about keeping records of anything I spend money on, be it truck, car, house or whatever. I have a spreadsheet setup in Quattro Pro with everything I've ever done and spent on the truck. I couldn't stop there. I went as far as to have several spreadsheets for all the different catagories. Receipts?? I've got every receipt I have bought something of in a file.

If I had thrown away all the receipts, it would have worried me to death trying to remember what I paid for something. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a neat freak or anything. I just want to keep track of where all the money goes. Being anal has good points and bad. I just don't know which one out weighs the other. Right Ken??

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:22 AM   #55
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
.... Being anal has good points and bad. I just don't know which one out weighs the other. Right Ken??
I have no idea what your talking about. Just ask my wife....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #56
DCRANER

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
As for not knowing what I have in mine, it would drive me nuts not to know. It also drives me nuts to know. I am real anal about keeping records of anything I spend money on, be it truck, car, house or whatever. I have a spreadsheet setup in Quattro Pro with everything I've ever done and spent on the truck. I couldn't stop there. I went as far as to have several spreadsheets for all the different catagories. Receipts?? I've got every receipt I have bought something of in a file.
If I had thrown away all the receipts, it would have worried me to death trying to remember what I paid for something. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a neat freak or anything. I just want to keep track of where all the money goes. Being anal has good points and bad. I just don't know which one out weighs the other. Right Ken??

Mike
No receipts here, I have convinced this site, my wife, and myself I ONLY have about $21,000 in my truck. I blame my lying on the dog. Well, at least I am honest, right?
86 GMC SWB, DK. BLUE, ZZ430,TH400, 4.11'S, HEADMAN CERAMIC HEADERS, WELD BILLETS, BFG 275 / 60 / 15, 325 / 50 / 15 DRAG RADIALS, FIBERGLASS COWL HOOD, B&M SHIFTER. MSD, MARCH PULLEYS / ALT. / PWR. STEER PUMP, BECOOL RAD., BILLET GRILL & GRANT WHEEL.
DCRANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #57
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

the only reason I keep my reciepts is in case something happens to one of the parts. If I thought I had spent a lot of money, and it is still a POS, that would be depressing. I just see my Blazer as money I didn't spend on something else.