The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #26
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: How Bad Is This Rust???

hey msgross, what are you doing with this spot?.. do they make a patch panel for this spot? mine is pretty bad here too..(since we are on the topic of rust)
Attached Images

smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #27
67-72chevyman

Ahh thats not to bad compared to some of the trucks I,ve seen here in the west virginia, Maryland area, my uncle got a parts truck one time, the bed sides were rotted off of it, the cab floor was rotted almost completely out of it, the bottoms of the doors, and front fenders were rotted off of it, shout the hood wasn't even salvageable, I wish I had took some pictures of it. He told me one time, you want a race truck, there you go, alot of the weight is rotted off of it LOL.
67-72chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #28
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: How Bad Is This Rust???

some of the rust in this post look's like all the truck's I used to have that were born and raised here in Southrust Virginia , they stopped making our truck's in 1972 and by 1982 I bet you they was not a good one anywhere here where I live , I used to try and find one that was fixable but just got upset and finally quit looking , I had probably 10 or so 67 to 72 truck's from say 1984 to 1994 , I used to think it was the truck's themselve's till I started going to Tenn ,,,,,,,,,,,, and WOW went down to the car show's and here was 1960 to 1972 truck's running around with original paint and little to no rust !!!!!!!!!! I was floored , and I ended up going down and purchased one my 67 c/10 , I have figured out that it was not road salt as everyone think's that ate the truck's (AND CAR'S) here it was the coal , they added a chemical compund to the coal and with coal plus the chemical and the lack of state law inforcement (THE COAL COMPANIES BOUGHT THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANTED) when it would rain here the road's were just BLACK with coal sludge and it got up into the vehicle's and ate them from the inside out , any car or truck that was here thru the 70's is now either a pile of rust or close to it , I hate it too because they were a lot of good truck's here , I know where the remain's of a 68 CST with a bunch of option's is and it was pushed over a mountain by it's owner in the 80 's cause it was falling apart , I love where I live and it's home but you can forget finding anything old here in good shape ,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #29
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

I can almost fit my head through this:

Last edited by dave2953; 04-20-2007 at 06:42 PM.
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #30
67-72chevyman

There was a strip mine here, and any truck that went out it for any amount of time was rotted out, theres a 87 chevy that a guy bought second hand, it was a nice looking truck to, after about four years going out to that place, and the whole back was rotted off of it, frame and bed, but up here we have alot of salt on the roads too, that eats them up. They dont undercoat vehicles like they used to, and I see 03 and even newer vehicles up here with surface rust already on the frames.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
some of the rust in this post look's like all the truck's I used to have that were born and raised here in Southrust Virginia , they stopped making our truck's in 1972 and by 1982 I bet you they was not a good one anywhere here where I live , I used to try and find one that was fixable but just got upset and finally quit looking , I had probably 10 or so 67 to 72 truck's from say 1984 to 1994 , I used to think it was the truck's themselve's till I started going to Tenn ,,,,,,,,,,,, and WOW went down to the car show's and here was 1960 to 1972 truck's running around with original paint and little to no rust !!!!!!!!!! I was floored , and I ended up going down and purchased one my 67 c/10 , I have figured out that it was not road salt as everyone think's that ate the truck's (AND CAR'S) here it was the coal , they added a chemical compund to the coal and with coal plus the chemical and the lack of state law inforcement (THE COAL COMPANIES BOUGHT THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANTED) when it would rain here the road's were just BLACK with coal sludge and it got up into the vehicle's and ate them from the inside out , any car or truck that was here thru the 70's is now either a pile of rust or close to it , I hate it too because they were a lot of good truck's here , I know where the remain's of a 68 CST with a bunch of option's is and it was pushed over a mountain by it's owner in the 80 's cause it was falling apart , I love where I live and it's home but you can forget finding anything old here in good shape ,
67-72chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote