The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
Robznob11

Re: 6" front drop to low?

ok here goes I do believe in supporting board members but i can't on this on. jpl trucks ( u can find there add in any truck mag) sells a complete drop member kit, im talking the member, rack power or manual, stainless upper and lowers, mustang 2 drop spindles and rotors it is a hub to hub kit that bolts in it gets rid of all ground clearance problems, has better geomatry, and narrows the front track for better wheel clearance, you can do optional air bags but the standard kit uses coil overs not coil springs(supplied in the kit), you can also opt for adjustable coil overs, some options cost more but if you jive with them they will give you a good price i talked them down to 1350 to the door i mean come on! , fat man fabrication also sells them but they are higher, and the mustang 2 hardware is lighter and cheaper to replace if something fails not to mention the controll arms are narrower and spindles are smaller witch allows for more back space on wheels. now on the other hand if porterbuilt can come up with a drop member that uses all stock hardware and linkage that would be a winning thing, most people only have a little dough at a time and a good cheap alternitive to redesigning the whole front end would likley net him a pocket full. I know id buy one!!!
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 10-05-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #27
edflores

Re: 6" front drop to low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos View Post
and I even sell chopped crossmembers!

how much you sellin them for?
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote