The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #26
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Kansas CIty area parts???

I really dont feel like editing a bunch of posts, sooo
first and foremost welcome to the site. Please take a few moments to read all the announcements located at the top of the forums.
To ask for vendors and advice is fine, but to post for sale and or want to buy posts are a subscription benefit and to be located in the classified sections only.
With that said, good luck getting your wife happy with this one and best of luck on your project.

Please just keep the buying and selling out of the post, and in the proper areas.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #27
bguild

Sounds good.. I didnt read all the details.. However i will be a site supporter soon.. Just need to sign up.. I willl look into that today.> I appreciate and sorry for not reading the rules. This board is amazingly helpful so far.. I have had alot of different cars and this forum already has the best group of guys for info and support I have soon.. Thanks again for all your help..
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #28
bguild

Okay I am now a site supporter (-;
Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #29
bguild

so do you guys think i got a decent deal for 750? It actually drives decent minus the feeling of the cab might fall off at anytime. Once i get the rust of her I think it will be a pretty nice truck. I told my wife I was going to sell the truck bed off it and then sell a mtb bike I have to pay for it.. so yeah I guess ebay here i come.. I would much rather sell the bed here.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #30
420am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguild View Post
so do you guys think i got a decent deal for 750? It actually drives decent minus the feeling of the cab might fall off at anytime. Once i get the rust of her I think it will be a pretty nice truck. I told my wife I was going to sell the truck bed off it and then sell a mtb bike I have to pay for it.. so yeah I guess ebay here i come.. I would much rather sell the bed here.
If it runs it's worth that I'd say. But, it depends on what you have in mind for your project. If you understand that by purchasing a truck in need of that much sheet metal that it'll be a long long road then go for it. I bought my LWB '72 Cheyenne for $2700 and it amazingly had solid original cab corners, rockers and floorpan (floorpan has some through rust about half dollar sized in 2 places). It was here in KC too.. I doubt you'll find many running trucks in the sub-$1000 price range though. So, if that's your budget and you know what you're in store for.. go for it.
420am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #31
bguild

Yeah its actually a little more than I wanted to chew off but I really just wanted a project to keep me busy.. Needed a new hobby. The cab is bad but i can get all the parts for about 200 and some dollars to fix that.. I just need a welder or get some help from someone that has one. I think once I get the cab fixed things will be much better. fenders adn stuff are not all the expensive and doors are out there. The hood and cowl on this thing are in great shape. The hood has one dent taht i can seen adn other than that its perfect.. Its always fun tearing stuff off and finding what you have.. its like a treasure hunt.. some times you find gold sometime you find crap. The cab is border line crap but nothing that cant be repaired.. I actually was expecting worse and I was happy to see when I ripped the carpet out that only the part I could see was bad. The supports and bolts and bushings are trashed.
That is my first priority.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #32
420am

I hear you on the new hobby front. Exactly the same reason I bought mine. Anything to get my ass out from in front of a computer sounded good to me. Good luck with things, I'm sure I'll see ya around.
420am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

good luck with the truck. my hobby switched from motorcycles to trucks just for the reason that I could take my wife and son with me.

you may think about taking a welding class at the area votech schools. I have been seriously contemplating it myself. Even though I have several friends who own complete mobile welding outfits, nothing can compare to doing the work yourself!!

go slow and do it right the first time! pm me sometime with your address. love to see the "new hobby"!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
kyull67

$750 sounds like a good deal to me. I paid $850 fo my current project + $1000 for the bed. The truck looks like a good project and you should be able to get quite a bit for those rear fenders if they are in decent shape. Be sure and start a build thread when you get to that point so we can all watch your progress.

Last edited by kyull67; 03-15-2008 at 08:08 PM.
kyull67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #35
bguild

Thnaks guys.. i will start a thread sometime soon.. Life is pretty busy right now but I will when I have time. yeah the bed is in pretty good shape.. I wish I like stepside more and then I would just keep it. I guess atleast i can get some decent money out of it.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #36
bguild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyull67 View Post
$750 sounds like a good deal to me. I paid $850 fo my current project + $1000 for the bed. The truck looks like a good project and you should be able to get quite a bit for those rear fenders if they are in decent shape. Be sure and start a build thread when you get to that point so we can all watch your progress.
Hey kyull67 how much would you charge me to weld in all the floor pieces.. I basically am just going to replace about everything from the seat bolts to the rockers including the bottom supports and the foot pan.. I figure if I am going to do it i might as well just gut it all.

Let me know your thoughts.. I can have all the stuff ground down and cut just ready to start welding.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #37
Wrenchbender Ret

My partner has a salvage lot in the Mo. Ozarks with a lot of 50,s 60,s &7o,s trucks. He brings any sold parts back to K.C. You can call him at 816-584-0563. Talk to John.
I usually throw a wet towel over the air cleaner of my pickups when I pull into the garage. The gas fumes can really stink things up.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 AM   #38
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
eightbanger,
I feel sorry for you, mate! I thought it was hard getting parts for a 68 MG MGB and a few Triumph motorcycles I've restored. But getting classic Chevrolet truck parts over there has got to be close to impossible. I have MAJOR respect for you!!!!
The worst part is the xtra customs charge this end, I paid $300 or so for parts the other day and then had to pay £80 = $160 to release them...it's killin me.....but then again i'm the only one on the road here with a cooooool Chevy truck.

Happy Days.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote