The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 AM   #26
72BlazerWA

Re: Wheres a good place to get some carpet for my Blazer?

did u just get the Plush Cut Pile, with the standard backing? or did u upgrade anything? mass backing? how long do have to let it take shape? do u like the quality?
72BlazerWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #27
cstanley

very good quality (it's the one made by AAC, or ACC, whichever.) it's the original-style nylon loop pile, comes with original-style jute backing under the front feet portion. thick, heavy, good quality. the fit is very good. I've had some lower-quality carpet (from LMC) before that I had to trim the edges, but this looks very good and shouldn't need any trimming.

i did put some carpet underlayment (from Lowe's) under the rear portion, both for sound/heat and general padding. I plan on sleeping/camping in the truck, so the extra cushion should help.

i did not upgrade anything, just the standard one called 80/20 nylon loop pile (item 8694 from my confirmation email.) I have it sitting in there now to regain shape, so i'm not sure how long it will ultimately take. it would be faster if it was warmer out.

I may go back and order some of the other stuff, like door bottoms and maybe a custom piece for the tailgate.

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 02-13-2008 at 11:27 PM.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #28
myraley

Mine looks just like yours inside, with those metal U shapes sticking out of the inside for the panels to go onto. Does that mean I should order CST too? My dash says GMC Custom. How is the carpet you ordered different for being CST? (By the way, it looks great!)
myraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
cstanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by myraley View Post
Mine looks just like yours inside, with those metal U shapes sticking out of the inside for the panels to go onto. Does that mean I should order CST too? My dash says GMC Custom. How is the carpet you ordered different for being CST? (By the way, it looks great!)
if you are planning to re-install the side panels (or make some) then you should order the one for CST. you should also have some tabs running along the bed floor that the base of the side panels attaches to. if you no longer have these, then you might as well order the non-CST set. the side panels are what make the difference...

Old 02-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #30
myraley

My side panels are long gone, two or more previous owners ago, probably. I saw new panels were going for $600 though, so I was thinking of making my own. But your photos show it going up all the way against the side... If the side panels are the difference between CST and Non-CST, wouldnt it not touch the sides if your carpet was the CST version? ??

Last edited by myraley; 02-13-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #31
cstanley

they don't quite touch. take a look at the first pic I posted, where you can see the gas neck. you can see where the fender carpet goes all the way to the bedside, but the floor carpet holds back about 2". that is where the floor flange runs, so the carpet runs right up to that. the floor flange provides a solid place to attach the bottom of the panels. I'll try to get you some pics tonight if it's still confusing. It's basically a 1"x1" sheetmetal angle that runs along the bed floor.

Last edited by cstanley; 02-13-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #32
myraley

I see the edge of the carpet you are talking about now. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #33
tdkosta

I ordered mine yesterday from Stockinteriors. Got the CST 80/20 loop in fawn color. I went for the mass backing and also the set of matching floor mats. I'll get pics in when the stuff comes in. I'm hoping the color scheme I plan on going with ties in well with each other. I have a set of light tan third row seats from an '04 tahoe and plan on going with parchment color aftermarket interior parts, and then going with a black paint job. Don't expect finished pics anytime soon, it's a slow work in progress.
tdkosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #34
72BlazerWA

Just curious what color carpet you all think I should get for my bronze blazer?? Thanks!!
72BlazerWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #35
hotrodhomi

I bought a black carpet kit for my 2wd when I bought it, but I never installed it. Now I'm going with gray. I could make someone a deal on my kit. Its for a low hump, front, rear, and wheel tub pieces.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #36
tdkosta

If anyone is thinking of purchasing from stockinteriors.com I can tell you that I did and am very happy with the product and the customer service.

They sent me carpet samples free in the mail so I could do color matches.

There was one problem and I will let you all know about it, not because I am upset about it, but that I am very happy with how they corrected it. When my order came the wheel wells, front carpet, and rear carpet all matched fine, but were not the shade of tan that I had ordered. I opened the floor mats and they matched the carpet sample I had previously been sent and selected for my order. See the below picture on the top left for the mismatch. The floor mat on the right half of that picture.

I wasn't really too upset about it. Even though the carpet wasn't the shade of tan I had ordered, I could live with it, and the floor mats would get dirty anyways so who really cares. But then I thought a little more about it and decided to give them a call to see what they could do. I was thinking it would be fine just to replace the floor mats to match the rest of the carpet since it would cost them a lot of cash to ship all the carpet back (my cost to ship it to me was over $100), and I let them know that was all was asking them to do for me. These guys were awesome. They paid to have the entire order shipped back and then made me a new set to match the order I had placed. See the lower left and right picture for the 2nd shipment. Sorry for the camera phone quality pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by tdkosta; 05-15-2008 at 11:09 PM.
tdkosta is offline   Reply With Quote