The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
Aarons72s

Drum Brake Cylinder Link and Shoe Guide

I am about to start putting the rear brakes back together on the rear of the orange and white 72. Its getting to the point that boards are not the best brakes to hold her during rebuild. I got all the parts for the drum brakes except a couple pieces. So I need a part number or place to get new brake cylinder links and shoe guide for the rear drums. Dont know why they always feel the need to omit these parts from the usual drum brake hardware kits as most old ones are usually wasted. The parts I am talking about are the cylinder link, the T shaped pins that go from the wheel cylinders to the brake shoes. The other partis the brake shoe guide, a oblong like washer that goes inbetween the shoes and the springs just above the wheel cylinder. If I have to I will go get them at the junkyard but if anyone knows where to get new ones let me know. Thanks in advance.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
umwtnt

Re: Drum Brake Cylinder Link and Shoe Guide

I normally go to Napa and look at their brake book. In the back of most of them are misc. parts, I pick out what I need from there.

69 Chevy SWB w/67 front end
4 wheel discs
468 BB 700R4
Bagged
Coming around slowly
umwtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
Aarons72s

Re: Drum Brake Cylinder Link and Shoe Guide

Thanks for the tip. Ended up doing just that late today. Found the cylinder links. And just for everyones info the part number for most of our trucks with 11" or 11-5/32" brakes is: NAPA: UP 80459 and at Oreilly's: BB HDW1422. AS for the shoe guides we didnt have any luck. We went through both the napa, and at oreillys brake best and wagner master books with no luck. Probably just get those out at the pick a part. Thanks.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote