The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
thump16

Re: American Truck Magazine

We have the motherload of pictures right here on the forum. The magazine could be considered a by product of everyone's hard work and dedication to their trucks. I have to admit that I scoop up every magazine i find that has a square body truck in it.

Sledge
thump16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #27
BGRAFX
Account Suspended

I totally agree, i too find myself picking up any magazine that has a square body in it. And i do understand that since LMC sponsored it there would be some pages from the catalog. I worked at LMC many years ago and still have friends that work there in the warehouse and in the call center. I actually suggested to the owner that it would be helpful to have tech articles in the magazine or online for the customers to reference the parts they are installing. I'm not taking credit at all just glad to see the magazine came out just don't understand why charge for it, but still offer free catalogs. Plus LMC sells parts for ford and dodge and the entire victoria british line of ag cars.
I can see Issue #2 having more 60's model trucks maybe a rare 50's apache, how about slamming a dually or building a CrewCabShortBed.
BGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

I haven't gotten out to even see one yet. Is there an interior section? I always feel like Magazines always do suspension, engine, cosmetic bolt on articles. But you never see as much for interior stuff. Dashes, door panels, windows, seats. Swapping, replacing, updating. That is stuff I would love to see in a magazine.

I know this isn't the "official feedback" thread for the magazine but thought I would throw it out here.
The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.

Last edited by Driveway Dreams; 01-28-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #29
xs-style

well, there are a couple interior bits. There's the weatherstrip article, one on seat recovering, and one on a redo of the gauges. The one on the gauges was the best of the three IMO.
xs-style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #30
Rollinsqrbdy

Just came back from the local wal-mart and they didnt have it. That sucks, it sounds like an awesome mag.
1984 k 10 Silverado...6" lift with 38.5 super swampers
New Mexico Member
--- Member of the Square Body Club---
Rollinsqrbdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
silvereagle07

I picked up the magazine yesterday and I think its a start to a great magazine. I was a little disappointed at the price $5.99 and all the LMC catalog pages throughout.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #32
Rogue_Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle07 View Post
I picked up the magazine yesterday and I think its a start to a great magazine. I was a little disappointed at the price $5.99 and all the LMC catalog pages throughout.
2nd on this . the cost for the book is to much, knowing that i get the LMC book for free. i like the step by srep pics

Will they be make any more of the books, anyone ????
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Rogue_Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #33
dooce

Anyone know where to find a copy online? Maybe someone would be interested in picking me one up and mailing it to me? I live overseas and cannot get a copy over here.

LFSalleeII@gmail.com
dooce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #34
Rogue_Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooce View Post
Anyone know where to find a copy online? Maybe someone would be interested in picking me one up and mailing it to me? I live overseas and cannot get a copy over here.
subscriber customer services
usa/ 1 800 766 6997
internationa/ 386/ 477/ 6385
CCTrucks@emailcustomerservice

http://www.primediabackissues.com/Me...tegory_Code=AT
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Rogue_Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #35
Chevy-Art

I have been meaning to get one, hopefully today.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #36
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Sentinel View Post
2nd on this . the cost for the book is to much, knowing that i get the LMC book for free. i like the step by srep pics

Will they be make any more of the books, anyone ????
I hope there will be more to come, American Truck was my first freelance project after leaving Custom Classic Trucks as editor and it was a real blast to work on. To shoot Marlys Adams' '87 Silverado my girlfriend and I jumped into my trusty old black GMC and pulled down almost a 1,000 miles in a little over 24-hours driving from So Cal to Nor Cal and back.

Getting back to whether or not there will be more editions to come I'm sure its all riding on how well AT does on the newsstand, and if it helps LMC Truck move product. After seeing all of the different approaches in threads on here to installing a Blazer tank in a C10 I'm surprised there hasn't been any comment on the Blazer tank tech we did in American Truck.

Anyways thanks for the kind words regarding the first issue, and don't worry about mentioning the things you don't like about the magazine that's how we'll make issue 2 better... hoping there is one.

John Gilbert, editor
American Truck
John Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #37
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

So John, no longer with CCT? Sorry to hear about the job change unless it was a move in the right direction for you. Still trying to location a copy of American Truck in my area. More than likely they went fast.

Any idea if/when coverage from the Midwest All Truck Nat's will make the mag?

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #38
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
So John, no longer with CCT? Sorry to hear about the job change unless it was a move in the right direction for you. Still trying to location a copy of American Truck in my area. More than likely they went fast.

Any idea if/when coverage from the Midwest All Truck Nat's will make the mag?
I left CCT as the editor, but I'm staying on as a freelance tech editor each issue. I just did a tech for Classic Trucks, and have something going for Street Rodder that will be out soon. If American Truck catches on, that will be a cool gig.

I've been able to spend a lot more time working on my own trucks, and have a lot more free time, which is why I left CCT full-time... I was missing a lot good TV shows, too... That old doctor on Fringe is crazy... a good kind of crazy.

I just wrote the story on the Mid-West All Truck Nats to go with the photos I took while I was there, I think it will be in the April issue, 4 or 5 pages. The Classic Parts tour ran in December, and the LMC Truck tour is in the new issue. I did a tour of Jim Carter's and I'm not sure when that will run, what a neat place that was to see!

Anyways I'm goofing off, I better get back to a '73-80 C10 light story I'm working on.

Thank you,

John
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #39
78-5.3

im glad theres a mag out now there really isnt much info in mags about the early trucks anymore !!! these days it all about mini trucks!!!!

Last edited by 78-5.3; 01-31-2010 at 09:28 AM.
78-5.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:04 AM   #40
John Gilbert

If you're only seeing mini-trucks in the magazines that you are buying, that means you are buying the two major general interest truck magazines that are out there, Truckin' and I guess Street Trucks. Those are from two different companies and neither can afford to include more than just a few pages on the classic trucks, they need the wide audience to survive I guess. When it comes to the older trucks there's some good magazines like Vintage Truck, Classic Trucks, and Custom Classic Trucks, and maybe a few others, but the distribution isn't near as good. To answer the why isn't American Truck free question, it costs a lot of money to get a magazine on the newsstand, the stores that sell magazines need to make money doing it just like selling a gallon of milk, or a loaf of bread, or they can't do it.

To tell you truth I was amazed when I heard LMC Truck was having Source Interlink Media produce a magazine for them. Right in the middle of what is the worst environment the magazine publishing industry has ever seen, these folks brought out a premium magzine with a varnished cover and heavy paper just like in the old days. Not to mention major-major distribution nationwide. Anyways, once again I drank too big a cup of coffee and then got on here and rambled when I should have been out in the driveway wiping the dew off my black GMC, so the girlfriend and I can roll up to the local Sunday morning cruise... sorry folks, I'll work on controlling that.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #41
John Gilbert

Can you believe it, I spelled magazine wrong... that's it, no more coffee... well, maybe one cup. Just enough to wipe the Jimmy down and hit the road.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #42
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gilbert View Post
I left CCT as the editor, but I'm staying on as a freelance tech editor each issue. I just did a tech for Classic Trucks, and have something going for Street Rodder that will be out soon. If American Truck catches on, that will be a cool gig.

I've been able to spend a lot more time working on my own trucks, and have a lot more free time, which is why I left CCT full-time... I was missing a lot good TV shows, too... That old doctor on Fringe is crazy... a good kind of crazy.

I just wrote the story on the Mid-West All Truck Nats to go with the photos I took while I was there, I think it will be in the April issue, 4 or 5 pages. The Classic Parts tour ran in December, and the LMC Truck tour is in the new issue. I did a tour of Jim Carter's and I'm not sure when that will run, what a neat place that was to see!

Anyways I'm goofing off, I better get back to a '73-80 C10 light story I'm working on.

Thank you,

John
Thanks for the update John, and glad to hear you will still be doing freelance for CCT. Hope to see you out this way later this year.

I did catch the features you had from the All Truck Nat's as well as the coverage for Classic Parts. Nice writeups and good for the businesses in the Midwest.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote