The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2003, 10:41 AM   #26
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by Captkaos
I like the body lines on them. More specifically on the 73-80's closely followed by the 81-87's.
Hey, he stole my answer! I looked hard for a 69-72 Blazer before I decided on the 73-87 body style. All I found was over priced, rusted out, 4wd junk.
I had another buddy of mine convince me, if I were going to find a one owner, rust free, un-cut Blazer, I should look at the 73-82 models. He was right. I found my 82 Blazer, and have been in lust every since.

I agree with Chris about the difference in rounded lines (73-80) vs. square sides (81-87). As much as I like my square side Blazer, the rounded line trucks have much more appeal to me. Those big round head lights (o) (o) are sooooo sexy...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 10:44 AM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Heh heh heh . . ....

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
...Some of us doooooo..........
Go ahead and rub it in:P Hows that lowering job coming anyway?????
Old 05-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #28
SCOTI

What lowering job??? Oh yea . . .... I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing!

The only problem w/owning several trucks is there are more possibilities for failure & the beater lost the vacuum booster for the brakes. No brakes means no trailer, no trailer no alignment. I just talked w/the parts guy last night & he assured me the booster will be in on Friday (heard that one before). The drop is on for this weekend. I cut out the fact bumpstops last week & put the spare control arms together w/new bushings/b.joints & fixed the unbelievingly annoying rattles from the doors + mounted the small mirrors & I'm supposed to be able to pick up the rechromed factory 74 front/rear bumpers tonight!!

Oh yea, I got some heads for it too . . ......
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:43 AM   #29
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
.....Oh yea, I got some heads for it too......
It looks like your on your way with it. I can't wait to see it lowered. Heads? What kinda heads did ya get?.....
Old 05-23-2003, 12:28 PM   #30
SCOTI

If I told you I would be severely chastised by Crash & Dr. Lynsky. I will say I got some for the same price as vortecs + related hardware.

Oh hell, who am I kidding, I'll be thoroughly chastised anyway for the length of time it's taken me to get the thing lowered. That's why I haven't seen them in a month . . .... I wonder if Keiths broken any bones lately?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:53 PM   #31
Grim Reaper

Who said I like one better then the other? I have owned both body styles.

My first GM was a 70 LeMans convertable that I still own. I had a little taste for off roading and had a Isuzu trooper. Sold it and bought a low rider Nissan. Got maried had kids, truck wasn't cutting it. Wanted to get back into wheeling. Two vehicles fit my needs of A/C, power windows, plenty of room for both passengers and gear. Blazers and Bronco's I knew enough about wheeling that I didn't want anything to do with anything resembling IFS so that Narrowed me down to two years of Bronco 78-79 and about 12 years of Blazer. I ended up with a 79 Blazer loaded with factory 3.73 gears. A year later I was pretty well given a 75 Jimmy that I ended up replacing the floors on and built into a real trail basher.

We kept the 79 for 6 years and it became my wifes DD about 4 years abo after she and a Ford we had cound't see eye to eye. I sold it last month. We have 2 kids now and my wife was having troubles loading the baby and it was time for something with doors. She hated to put it up for sale but it wasn't working for her. I had bought a 70 Burb to restore for her but didn't have time to work on it and sold it. SHe is now driving a Honda Accord.

Well in Feburary we inherited a Airstream camper. So we needed something to pull it. Needed 4 doors, needed plenty of motor, needed to be reliable from the day I bought it because it was going to be my DD. Needed creature comforts and A/C. Needed to be pre airbag (I hate them and my wife is 5ft and they tend to kill women that size). That put me in market for one vehicle. Suburban I wanted FI so that narrowed it down to 87-91. Needed to be heavy duty and a 10 bolt rear wasn't going to cut it so had to be 3/4 ton. Hmmmmmm 350 or 454....454!

So I started asking questions and looking. Before I had even looked at the first one I got a PM on Airstreamforums.com about a local 88 454 burb with 71,000 original miles. I went and looked but didn't buy because I was waiting till one of the other vehicles we had for sale sold. Looked at avery 454 burb listed in the trader. None were near as clean as this one. Paid $5k for it and was driving it to work the next day.

Now I would love to find a 71-72 2wd blazer to make a hot rod out of but just haven't had the right one show up yet.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:04 PM   #32
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

why?

if you have to ask...

...you wouldnt understand.

-mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:22 AM   #33
the baron

Bought my 1979 C10 LWB for a 500 $ , with GPL on board , while the cost of installing a GPL kit in my Impala would have cost at least 1 Grand ...
I didn't hesitate to buy the truck , leaving the Impala running on gas , to be used to transport my girl friend & kids in the local area.

But this 1979 C10 wasn't my ultimate dream , as I would love to own a "Rhino nosed" full size Jeep ( Wagoneer , delivery van , pick-up truck , whatever...)

You cannot find one here in Europe under 6 K's , that's too much money for me right now , but I will own one once in my life , I know it

Yeah , you all may shoot me down

About 67-72 vs. 73-87 , give me a 73-81 , for sure ...

About older GM trucks , I really love the 1951 five windows pick-up

The Baron
the baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #34
sider68

Chev must like the old style as well as the new ones look close to the 67-72.
The 73 and up are alot cheaper to get used or aftermarket parts for.
sider68 is offline   Reply With Quote