The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #26
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Re: HELP!!! Coolant in Oil Pan

Summit screwed me.
The part number they told me was for my truck was for an LT motor, not a GenI motor.
Everything looked like it matched up ok, but there was just enough of a difference that the water ports didn't match up.
Supposedly... they have no record of that call (B.S.) and so will only give me $50 off the correct head gasket.
I'm a little miffed that after the thousands of dollars I've spent there, I'm only worth $50 to them.
So... does anybody have any Summit bucks they don't need laying around? And does anybody need a copper head gasket with integral seals for an LT motor? Only compressed once and never had the engine started on them. $125 and their yours...
Posted via Mobile Device
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #27
71 super

Glad you found the problem and while it sucks that summit screwed you (seems like in an economy like ours right now people would be all about customer service but I too have experienced this just not with summit) at least it did not hurt your motor.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #28
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Right right.
Just a little water in the oil. At least it didn't turn to sludge and just poured right out. I'm still only going to go about a week before getting an oil change.
I've had the oil pan plug out this whole time, so I shouldn't have much water left in the oil to cause a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #29
llowlife

I have not had the best cust svc from summit. I go to Competition products whenever I can. I have had good service from them. They will try to match summit, but to me summit is he Walmart of the auto industry. Plus they are an overnight for me being from Wisconsin.

72 short step w/ 388 /4l80e/ and 3.08 gears.
llowlife is offline   Reply With Quote