The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: Fire victim

I believe that you are being tested right now and you will overcome. I just can't imagine so I'm not even going to try. My parents house burned to the ground back in '90 and they have since made a full recovery but it wasn't easy. They got to a point where they realized that it was just "stuff". They had each other and that's all that mattered (us kids had moved out).

Boy I tell ya....sometimes this is a really good time for the rest of us to take a good hard look at what and more importantly who is around us. Many of us have it so good that we don't even know it. It makes me think of the last time I got mad at my little boy for picking up a tool or carburetor and I snapped at him. For What? He is my world and I let little things get me irritated. Let's give this man our blessings and go hug the ones we love when we get a chance!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
giles70chevy

Sorry to hear about the fire. Do you need clothes, food or anything like that? I'm about 3 hours away from you, and my wife has family around there. Let me know and I'll try my best to get you things you need.
giles70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #28
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Unimaginable... material things can be replaced but I cannot imagine the feeling when everything is lost including photos and other memories. I see the devastation every day in the news over here in Texas.

I was going to add that stripping some of the usable sheet metal might help you in a future rebuild but the cost in cleaning and rust removal may be more than it's worth. Plus you have a lot of other worries now, I'm sure.

Good luck to you and family.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #29
flashed

If at a later time you decide to find another truck I would be glad to make a small cash donation toward your purchase or try to help with parts.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #30
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

As everyone has stated on here thus far, Thank the Good Lord you and your son are ok. That is THE most important thing in all of this. I have no clue what you are going through, I wish you all the best in your recovery from this disaster... Anything I can do to help, let me know!

Chris
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #31
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Glad that you're okay. Everything else is secondary.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #32
c10chevy69

We are doing fine, living at an extended stay hotel waiting on the insurance co. to see where we stand. I don't think that we will rebuild the house at this point. We are not tied down to this place so we shall see how things go. As far as stuff goes we got some emergency funds from the ins. co. so we got the essentials and we are set until this all gets resolved. I think that I am just going to have the pickup hauled away and move on. Thank you again for all the support and prayers. Dan
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #33
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

See......we got you to post again!!! You just can't leave the 67-72 board!!!! lol

I was glad to see the word "insurance" in your post. So many people don't want to pay for it because they don't think it will happen to them. Heck....just one little positive is that someone gets to make your bed each day!!!! ;o)
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #34
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: Fire victim

As your son stated it's a chance to start out fresh. I hate you lost everything but you have each other and after hearing how your son is handling it I'd say you have a really good future ahead of your self. Good luck and stay in touch. Things always work out sooner or later.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #35
OhOneWS6

For those that do not live is this area here are some pictures that really tell the story of what we are enduring down here in the south.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...dfires/100141/
OhOneWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
flashed

Those photo's are absolutely heartbreaking to look at .Prayers for lots of rain for all ya'll in need.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #37
Beat68CST

First and foremost, glad you two are okay.

Secondly, I'd get to cleaning up body panels, looks solid to me.

Then again, I'm always up for a challenge, it's awesome being able to hold up a picture of something that looked like that, then pointing to it and tellin someone, "Yeah, I got it to where it is today."
Beat68CST is offline   Reply With Quote