The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
texas

Re: 1959 Apache shortbed fleetside Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo20 View Post
Hello,

I just picked up a nice deluxe shortbed Apache. I plan on restoring it for my work truck. I will be putting a flatbed on it so I will be posting the original bed with the rare stainless trim in the classifieds soon. I hate to remove the bed but it will just get buggered working so it will hopefully find a new home on someone elses truck.

If anyone has any good links to flatbed plans...please let me know.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
I hope this thread has some life left and I hope you still have an Apache Fleetside bed for sale. If so, I am a buyer and will come pick up personally!!!

Thanks
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #27
jfnar

Back to your original question, here's a link to some info on building a flatbed. http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/be...ild/index.html

Regarding the bed trim, I bought 3 beds from a junkyard that are all in pretty bad shape but between them had all the ss trim. Unfortunately the junk guy lost some of the parts while moving the beds up to my trailer with a forklift. I couldn't complain too much because I only gave $50 for all 3 beds. Just this week I stumbled onto a truckbed trailer made from a '59 short fleet and it has all the trim except for one of the long pieces. I had to give $200 for that trailer but now I have 4 beds to choose panels from to make one good bed and more than a full set of ss trim and I only have $250 into it. There's still a lot of work to be done to make a good bed out of it though.
jfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #28
fabguy
Elev8r Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanyard View Post
I acquired a set of bedside stainless and since they don't reproduce these pieces they go for way more than 100 dollars. While I didn't pay 1000 dollars for mine, a set with minimimal clean up should go for about that much. Sad but true. I think that it makes the truck go from good to great.
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL, actually there is 2 company's working on reproductions of those as we speak, and should be out by summer if it gets done right I know because I helped one company find the truck they were on. If this happens I will wait about 2 yrs to buy mine, because the price of those will plummet shortly after they hit the market.
Sad but true.

My F.B. project page.
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #29
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo20 View Post
I want to sell the trim or whole bed. Got a few lowball offers so I will probably end up keeping it. I thought a collector woud want it...i prefer to sell the bed. I will sell the whole truck for the right price.
Posted via Mobile Device
The trim taken off the bed should get you between 800 and 1200 if its in very good shape. $400 if its fair. If it has any kinks its less.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #30
texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanyard View Post
I acquired a set of bedside stainless and since they don't reproduce these pieces they go for way more than 100 dollars. While I didn't pay 1000 dollars for mine, a set with minimimal clean up should go for about that much. Sad but true. I think that it makes the truck go from good to great.
Posted via Mobile Device
new here....but what should I do to espress intersest in the bed...?? this seems archane in the way this site works...sorry but that is just how this site feels....I have tried a couple avenues...posting sales or buys seems to cost money..no big deal but crazy complicated on what to do...what gives...I guess I should just be more patient?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #31
carrid02

Fabguy... who are the companies that are working on a reproduction? I may need to look into that!
-Craig
carrid02 is offline   Reply With Quote