The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #26
FetchMeAPepsi

Re: Anyone else see this on Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma1 View Post
You are definitely pig headed. I, like most I would assume, read everything at face value. I really don't know how else you are supposed to take that. Regardless of how anyone has gotten their income and what they choose to do with it is not any of your business. I am speaking from experience and have paid my fair share of the "stupid tax". It seems to me your trying to get into a pissing match with anyone who disagrees with you. I am here to learn from others and contribute as much as I can. I hope your ignorance will fade and you see that what makes someone a "big-boy" is your own opinion. You must be the type of guy that goes around to other trucks and tries to point out things you don't like and fault others for you not liking it, rather than see what someone is trying to accomplish. Good luck with your projects.
Maybe so. Oink oink!

As for other's money, that's not the issue. Never was. The issue was the logic of paying $800 for a tailgate that can be had or restored for much less by a fella that isn't scared to get his manicure dirty. A harmless comment that was more fun than fight.

That said, now that you're hung up on it I don't care who you are, or what you do - if you think $800 is a bargain for a tailgate you're just ignorant, lazy, or both. You can buy an entire truck for less than that with a properly preserved tailgate if you watch the papers.

As for looking at others' trucks and belittling them, absolutely not. Every truck is important in my mind. Wrecked or restored, slammed or lifted. Like I said, I put a string in the dirt and you jumped plumb to mexico just to get over it. RELAX! Instead of getting so worked up over it ... Just grin at the thought of some goober paying $800 for a tailgate and remember that it wasn't you.

Unless you're the seller, in which case best of luck with your auction

Thou doest protest too much.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; 01-15-2013 at 02:30 AM.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 AM   #27
Joemomma1

I guess I was trying to get you to see others points of view. No one is denying that it's expensive. If anything everyone is in agreeance it's a little high. No one ever said it's a bargain. Lets say someone did find it to be a bargain for whatever reason who are you to pass judgement on them? Not everyone has access to the same trucks or parts you do. You seem to think everyone has the same logic as you. So if you disagree there must be something wrong with them. I am not worked up at all, haven't used a single exclamation point or all caps word in any of my posts. You really need to read what the posts say. It really is a shame. Maybe I seem so invested in this is because I once probably had that same narrow view of things. Maybe to me your attitude speaks to other issues that I see everyday besides overpriced truck parts. You are obviously wanting responses and you got them. You will get no more from me. I am sincere when I say I wish you the best with you project.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Joemomma1; 01-15-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #28
YBNORML

Tailgates in this condition sell in this range all the time in the 67-72 section. I agree it's pricey, but sometimes it's worth it. I can only imagine how difficult it can be to straighten one of these gates. Especially since the centre section is single wall, an inexperienced guy like myself could chase his tail for hours trying to get it to look good. Sometimes it comes down to what your time is worth. Just my 2cents.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
theastronaut

FetchMeAPepsi, I would like to send you this tailgate and $800 for you to fix it. I'll pay shipping round trip. From what you've said, it seems to me that it would be a screaming deal for you. It's even already sandblasted and epoxy primed. You'll be paid $800 and also be gaining experience! Take as long as you need, it just needs to be straightened out well enough that body filler wouldn't be over 1/16" thick in any spot on the gate. The only stipulation is that you log your hours to see exactly how much money you made per hour and let us know your findings. You up for it?

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
theastronaut

Of course I'm kidding about that tailgate. I'm with Joemomma1 on this one, just trying to get you to see this from another perspective.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
DURG

I wouldn't pay 800.00 for an NOS tailgate to go on an 800.00 truck. I MIGHT pay 800.00 for an NOS tailgate to go on a 20 or 30 thousand dollar truck if it was one of the last things I needed to complete it. I am guessing the seller knows he has a limited market and is trying to get top dollar for it as there probably aren't many around. He will sell it eventually and probably get his 800.00 asking price. So in the end it will be "worth" whatever he gets for it. I'm sure this isn't his first rodeo.
DURG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #32
FetchMeAPepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
FetchMeAPepsi, I would like to send you this tailgate and $800 for you to fix it. I'll pay shipping round trip. From what you've said, it seems to me that it would be a screaming deal for you. It's even already sandblasted and epoxy primed. You'll be paid $800 and also be gaining experience! Take as long as you need, it just needs to be straightened out well enough that body filler wouldn't be over 1/16" thick in any spot on the gate. The only stipulation is that you log your hours to see exactly how much money you made per hour and let us know your findings. You up for it?

Sure! I just get to keep the tailgate when it's done. Sounds like a deal to me.

The Man-Card joke that set off the avalanche here was regarding an owner's willingness to put work into their truck, not pay someone else to do it. You're losing perspective. Perhaps that's why it's worth $800 to you or maybe you're just trying to justify your personal purchases. But if you're just writing checks and not getting your hands dirty with the simple labor stuff then you're due for revocation. It's like paying someone to change your battery. Get out there and learn on it! Say you screw it up - that's OK! It's just sheetmetal, try again. You didn't learn to ride a bike on the first time either.

As for "JoeMamma", you said: Lets say someone did find it to be a bargain for whatever reason who are you to pass judgement on them?

That's the lame excuse that just because someone does something lacking in sense that you're not supposed to judge them. "Janie jumped in front of a car. It was sad, but I don't judge. She probably had a good reason."
Where'd you get that logic? And don't say the bible because it's not in there (common retort). Judgement is passed and warranted. I'd still be happy the truck got fixed, but the owner himself would be a joke with no real appreciation for the old metal. It's the guy that did the work that was the real star.
The only exception would be someone that is physically incapable of the work, but that's another thing altogether.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #33
63burban
Chevy addict

I know the Ebay seller of this gate, he is a very experienced seller and is the most honest you'll find. He has lots of GM parts because he goes to dealer auctions and private auctions all over the country. His car and truck collection is sweet. He has several 60-66 trucks and Suburbans that are low mileage and rust free, he'll get his $ out of the gate. There is always someone that will buy NOS because it is NOS.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
Blue Heeler

If someone needs a tailgate pm me we have a few in the barn stock.
Blue Heeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #35
63burban
Chevy addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
I know the Ebay seller of this gate, he is a very experienced seller and is the most honest you'll find. He has lots of GM parts because he goes to dealer auctions and private auctions all over the country. His car and truck collection is sweet. He has several 60-66 trucks and Suburbans that are low mileage and rust free, he'll get his $ out of the gate. There is always someone that will buy NOS because it is NOS.
This is one of his trucks, he is a member here.
Attached Images

Last edited by 63burban; 01-19-2013 at 01:06 AM.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote