The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
JointTech

Re: faster than a redneck

im not usually a huge fan of prostock styling on these trucks but that thing looks perfect. A bunch of stuff that one off i would hate. spoiler/air dam, brake cooler fender cut outs, hood.
amazing rendering. one of the best ive seen. I hope I get to see real pics soon!!

sounds like its going to be a monster on the track.

Now since weight balance is so important what do you guys do to get more in the back? Or just use bigger tires and pedal to the metal?
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
JointTech

I was also pondering this the other night. How about 4WD? Is that just crazy talk?
I'm assuming smart computer controlled AWD is a little better than old school 4WD.

But has it been done? Wasnt the cyclone/typhoon 4WD?
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
tazzz2

We contemplated that but messing with a 4 wheel drive and making it all work would be more than we are prepared to chew off at this point... Can it be done,,, Dam straight but you better own a bank if you do it.

The idea is to utilize an independent rear suspension with the transmission (aka a newer vette rear end) in the back... This materially changes the weight balance in the truck... By concentrating on lighting the front of the truck with Carbon panels and moving the motor position back we are going to try our best to create as neutrally balance a truck as possible... We're discussing tire sizes now and it looks like it'll have 18' X 12" 335's all the way around the truck...

The good news is that when we do all of this the Carbon parts and raw frames, they will be made available... The frame and parts will all bolt together like stock panels and mate to a basic C-5 roller package often purchased from people like Cleveland pick apart once the Torque tube is stretched....
tazzz2 is offline   Reply With Quote