The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
1FAST68

Re: Boost gauge question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Does this just install in the exhaust like a factory 02 sensor?

Thanks for the offer on the WB, . So you think the fuel pump just won't be able to apply enough pressure? What pump do you recommend? This is just a daily driver with an occassional weekend trip to the drag strip.

I finally got in touch with Vortech, :-/. They said I should have everything connected to a vaccuum source as you 2 suggested, . I've got everything connected to the same port that the tranny modulator is connected to right now, but I will rework everything the next time I pull the carb enclosure off. I think I found some manifold ports, but I can't get to them right now. They also said I needed the bypass valve if I was getting more tha n 5-6 pounds of boost. When I asked how much boost this setup should be putting out, they couldn't tell me and said they were all different, . So, what's the best way to figure this out without breaking anything? They also recommended getting a pressure or boost adjusted FPR. I'm assuming the signal for this will come from the same port as the boost gauge? I didn't realize all this supercharger stuff was so complicated, , .
The signal for the regulator will come from above the carb. The fuel pump you have will not supply the correct volume at the higher pressure.

You probably don't want to here this, but you need a complete new fuel system, new pump, a return line to the tank and a return style regulator with boost port.

70 suburban
350 tbi swap, 700r4, work in progress
1FAST68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
Alex1

Re: Boost gauge question....

Yes the wideband threads in like a regular 02 - there will be a box or display that you will have to wire in though.
Alex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #28
70blackfish

Talking Re: Boost gauge question....

I need to read all this.......a little later