The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #26
carolinasled

Re: Lowered my 85 Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
I used a set of 79 Toyota truck rear shocks. The stock Toyo's are 19.5" extended and 12" compressed. The Chevy's are 22" and 14". They work great.
Thank You, I might check that out I need to check out the mounted distance now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Low View Post
Help me out. Im just about ready to do this to my short 78 C15. No notch yet? Maybe just shackles so far? Are u using ANY shocks at the moment? And..did u cut exactly one coil? Anyway, you're lookin good.
No Notch, But I removed the Bump Stop Mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
I think you would still want them at the same angle. BTW truck looks nice, like the two tone white and red.
Again, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
I kind of like it with the tires in the pic. That is one good lookin truck. Is that Apple red?
Yes Sir, I Believe it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudey737 View Post
The truck looks great. I have a 4.5/6 McGaughy's ready to install on my truck, but I've been waiting on doing it to rebuild some of the the front end. Did you install new upper & lower ball joints? Did you install new inner and outer bearings?
No Sir, Just straight install. I may tackle this in the spring when the weather warms up. Just started to feel the chill today in SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UATahoe View Post
Love the look. Curious about the spindle clearance issue. Do you think this would still be a problem if you are using the stock rally wheels? I was planning on running the same spindle for a 2.5/4 drop. I have 30.5" tires right now though and was worried they would be an issue after lowering.
I have one stock rally that fit and didn't require any grinding or trimming. The 30.5s would probably be just fine, I was gonna actually gonna order new Moog springs and raise it back up to accommodate the tires that I had. However I ruled it out because I wanted the look of the drop for when I got my newer wheels next year.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
carolinasled

Re: Lowered my 85 Today

So I bought just about everything to bag my truck, I used to be into trucks that sat frame. I made a wishbone 3 link and notched it. This past weekend I started on the front, I stood back and was like I HATE IT......

Yep, I'm getting older I reckon. I dont know, I just cant seem to like it and I have started to put it back to factory before I lowered it. I'm torn, I have just about everything to put air on it. minus one or 2 things. I just cant seem to fathom of cutting my bed at all.
I want to keep it stock, So Maybe run AOL? Plus I dont want to Z the frame in the front. I would like it low but not slammed. I hate being un decisive. Gonna fix the c- notches this week and fill in the frame.