The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #26
FirstOwner69

Re: What would you do?? (dash bezel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Gotta ask about sourcing a clock like in post #3 for my set-up.
The clocks were available as an option in quartz and mechanical (tic-toc) movements in 73-87 trucks, Suburbans and Blazers. The change to quartz was about 1981. The reset "rod" was also in different locations with the mechanical clocks having it at the top. The font may also be different for the numbers.

70shortfleet (Les) also punches inner tins for clocks. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=497031

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 12-01-2014 at 02:59 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #27
Kungfoogrip

I opted to go with the 7 gauge cluster that TBONE1964 refurbished. This should compliment my new wiring harness nicely. Big thanks goes out to Tom.\

Kungfoogrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #28
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfoogrip View Post
I opted to go with the 7 gauge cluster that TBONE1964 refurbished. This should compliment my new wiring harness nicely. Big thanks goes out to Tom.\

Thank you Brad, I appreciate the business. The cluster is on the way, I will PM you tracking information.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #29
67gmcss2

TBONE (or anyone else who can help please)--- on the pic you posted there is a gauge cluster (the one on the top in the center) has three "accessory" holes in it while the others just seem to have two. I think one is for wipers and the other lights and then choke. Obviously, some only had the two, but my truck (67 gmc) has the three. I am looking to buy a new cluster. Is there something specific I need to ask for when ordering one to make sure I get the three hole? Was it a one year only feature? Which vendors on the site offer good new ones? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
67gmcss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #30
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gmcss2 View Post
TBONE (or anyone else who can help please)--- on the pic you posted there is a gauge cluster (the one on the top in the center) has three "accessory" holes in it while the others just seem to have two. I think one is for wipers and the other lights and then choke. Obviously, some only had the two, but my truck (67 gmc) has the three. I am looking to buy a new cluster. Is there something specific I need to ask for when ordering one to make sure I get the three hole? Was it a one year only feature? Which vendors on the site offer good new ones? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
Thanks for the question and let me help you with a good answer The one in the photo is an aftermarket and is actually correct for a 1967 but will also work on a 1968. The difference is 1967 has "WIPERS" and 1969 has "WIPER WASHER".

The two holes you refer to are 1969-1972 as GM went to automatic chokes in 1969, there was no reason for a manual choke.

You will not find an aftermarket bezel with "WIPER-WASHER for a 1968 as they were all modeled after the 1967 bezel.

I have these in stock for $65.00 shipped if you are interested. It will come with black and chrome trim. Since you have a GMC, are you concerned about factory original color on the bezel? GMC had paint coded bezels to match the interior color of the truck and some were a standard color like medium fawn beige.

Let me know if you are interested and I can get you one shipped out.

Thank you,
Tom

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #31
67gmcss2

Do you have a pic of it or a website to see it on? And chrome with the black is perfect for the interior color I have.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #32
67gmcss2

Do you have a pic of it or a website to see it on? And chrome with the black is perfect for the interior color I have.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #33
Kungfoogrip

The bezel showed up today. All I can say is WOW. This thing looks absolutely perfect. I bet it didn't look this good when it rolled off the factory floor.

Tom you are truly a master at your craft! I wish I had an ounce of the talent you have. Anybody looking for a replacement that doesn't use your services or products is flat out wasting money. Absolutely love it! I cannot wait to get it wired up and see it working!

Thanks again Tom!
Attached Images

Kungfoogrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #34
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfoogrip View Post
The bezel showed up today. All I can say is WOW. This thing looks absolutely perfect. I bet it didn't look this good when it rolled off the factory floor.

Tom you are truly a master at your craft! I wish I had an ounce of the talent you have. Anybody looking for a replacement that doesn't use your services or products is flat out wasting money. Absolutely love it! I cannot wait to get it wired up and see it working!

Thanks again Tom!
Hi Brad,

Glad you have it there and you are happy with it. I do appreciate the kind words. It is a challenge to restore these clusters and make them work as well as they look but it is what my customers deserve.

Again, I appreciate your business and keep me posted when you get it hooked up and going. Maybe a photo of your truck with it installed.

Hope you have a good holiday coming up.

Take care,
Tom