The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #26
mr48chev

Re: Stolen - 1955 Chevy 3100 4x4

That could be but in that particular area it could just as well be out in the foot hills of the Cascades running back trails with a spray can camo paint job on it. For those who have seen it in person it is instantly recognizable from just about any angle.

One more spot that post stolen enthusiast vehicles is Hotrod Hotline out of Idaho www.hotrodhotline.com that site is seen by guys hunting for vehicles world wide and a lot of us who just like to see their event photos and what's for sale and marvel at the prices they ask. I'd also shoot Cruzin Magazine a note with your photos. It may be a while before they print them but a lot of folks in the PNW read that every time it comes out.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:32 PM   #27
ptc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
WSATI has links to theft statistics from the insurance crime bureau. I was surprised by the number of thefts in the Spokane area but completely floored by number of thefts around Seattle!!

https://www.nicb.org/newsroom/nicb_campaigns/hot_spots
Long Beach and Seattle are probably #1 theft areas due to their International Shipping ports for movement of vehicles to overseas ports of call. This is a HUGE business of moving classic American cars to Europe, Asia, Mid-East, Australia, So. America.... lots of high dollar purchasers in all these countries.

I hope I am SO WRONG... but chances are it will never be seen in this country again... Im sorry to say that it may in a shipping container aboard a ship destined for another country. If you have information leading to this then check Seattle and find a way into their shipping logs. Most probably left from there.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #28
OrrieG

I do not know how it works but I would think law enforcement would have the ability to access those logs, assuming they were not altered. Probably would not be the first time a stolen vehicle went overseas on a "farm equipment" manifest. My emphasis would be on getting settlement from who ever had custody of the truck.

Last edited by OrrieG; 12-17-2015 at 01:55 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:52 PM   #29
1project2many

Quote:
I hope I am SO WRONG... but chances are it will never be seen in this country again... Im sorry to say that it may in a shipping container aboard a ship destined for another country. If you have information leading to this then check Seattle and find a way into their shipping logs. Most probably left from there.
This would make it nearly impossible to recover the truck, no?
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #30
Classic 1st Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
I would think more along the lines that the truck is in a container in the port and shipping south of the US or overseas.
Good call - maybe its too late but i'm going to try putting together a short blurb and a photo or 2 and send it around to a few shipping firms - I got nothing to loose - thanks for the idea!
Classic 1st Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #31
86454k30

Not a big conspiracy theorist but, pretty odd that within a few hours of it being picked up by the broker it was stolen. Someone had to see this truck leave. I would think you have it posted on craigslist locally as stolen.
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #32
RockinKees

Sad, sad story......

I live in the Netherlands and always look for nice old trucks on the internet sales sites.
Not for buying but I need to know what out there
I will look for this also, you'll never know!

Hope you get your truck back in one peace, as you see there are a lot of truck lovers that keep an eye open!

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #33
Classic 1st Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
Not a big conspiracy theorist but, pretty odd that within a few hours of it being picked up by the broker it was stolen. Someone had to see this truck leave. I would think you have it posted on craigslist locally as stolen.
Ya, it almost seems like an inside job the way it went down. I suggested this to the police and never got any follow up back from them. I think all they ever do is just put it up on the national stolen registry and never interview people, or follow hunches or leads. I have posted in 3 Craigslist's and had a few responses of guys keeping an eye out for it - which is great to see.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #34
Classic 1st Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Sad, sad story......

I live in the Netherlands and always look for nice old trucks on the internet sales sites.
Not for buying but I need to know what out there
I will look for this also, you'll never know!

Hope you get your truck back in one peace, as you see there are a lot of truck lovers that keep an eye open!
Wow, the Netherlands. Thank you, I appreciate you keeping an eye out for the truck. Your right - one never knows. There sure are al lot of truck lovers out there, I am really heartened by the response and support and it's giving me hope the one day the truck will be seen.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:57 AM   #35
Smithi

If you haven't already be sure to post this over at www.stovebolt.com as that is also a busy forum with lots of eyes from coast to coast. Good luck on either the return of your truck or every dime your out for the loss of it.
Smithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #36
70shortfleet

I can see alot of time and love went into building that truck, it is beautiful! I hope you get it back and in one piece. Sorry for your loss, I hate thieves
70shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
Classic 1st Timer

Smithi thank you for the link to Stovebolt and 70shortfleet for the thoughts.

To everyone thank you for the welcome, support and advice…. it is making this unbearable situation more bearable day by day. I wish you all the very best Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #38
Beebs

I am truly sorry about your truck. If u have not thought of this already, Go to the Maryhill webpage. Back click on their event calender to the Maryhill Concourse event held last October. It lists the contact people who put the show on. I bet they will recall that truck and who entered it. Whoever entered it had to have filled out some paperwork. Goodluck
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #39
OrrieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic 1st Timer View Post
Ya, it almost seems like an inside job the way it went down. I suggested this to the police and never got any follow up back from them. I think all they ever do is just put it up on the national stolen registry and never interview people, or follow hunches or leads. I have posted in 3 Craigslist's and had a few responses of guys keeping an eye out for it - which is great to see.
To them low priority crime because they assume it is insured so no "loss" to the victim. Drives up all our insurance rates....
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #40
Beebs

This is something u should do. I suspect the truck is in that area. I personally would drive there and pursue it in person. I backtracked the calender to October of last year and all the info is there. I would not rely on local authorities for help. The folks that put on that show
would gladly help. I don't believe they would want to be associated with auto thieves. Money maybe tight, but u may consider hiring a private detective from that area. That truck looks like it costs a bundle, it would be worth it.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:29 AM   #41
Classic 1st Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
To them low priority crime because they assume it is insured so no "loss" to the victim. Drives up all our insurance rates....
I've had to be way from my computer for a spell, so I apologize for the slow reply. Yup, your absolutely right, all they want is the info so they can put it on the national stolen vehicle registry and that's pretty much where it ends….I mean they were pleasant to deal with and they looked at the video surveillance and all, but nothing else.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:44 AM   #42
Classic 1st Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
This is something u should do. I suspect the truck is in that area. I personally would drive there and pursue it in person. I backtracked the calender to October of last year and all the info is there. I would not rely on local authorities for help. The folks that put on that show
would gladly help. I don't believe they would want to be associated with auto thieves. Money maybe tight, but u may consider hiring a private detective from that area. That truck looks like it costs a bundle, it would be worth it.
Part of me believes (and hopes) the truck is still someplace close by and that it will resurface as soon as the smoke clears and the weather improves or someday in the future…..the other part of me thinks it may have been loaded in a container and shipped to someone oversees. I've given up on the local authorities and like the idea of the show circuit…..I had a fellow call me who saw the stolen info on Northwest Classic's website and said he would keep an eye out at the Barrett Jackson…... not that the truck would be in the docket but apparently there are a lot of "vehicles around the area" that show up trying to capitalize on the coat tails of the show. Keeping an eye on the shows and informing them is a great idea. There sure are a lot of great people out there and the support and help i've gotten along the way has been awesome.