The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #26
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Re: ebay honesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
The truck has a bed mat in it. When he drives the truck it has a bed mat in it. So when he took pics, it had the bed mat in it. I don't see any intentional dishonesty. It's part of the truck. He responded quickly and appropriately to an asked question. Seems pretty honest to me.
I agree with this.
Kudos to both parties.
Kudos to the potential buyer for asking about the bed condition beforehand.
Kudos to the seller for giving a quick and honest response.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:45 AM   #27
sawyerrm

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate the time and thought that went into each response. It's up to me to be realistic about my expectations and ask questions which I'll do on Tuesday when they open. Following that, I'll order a third party inspection and assuming no issues make an offer.
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #28
mike16

and when he sells the truck it has a bed mat in it. that must be a coinsidence. No excuse to look under the mat is it. doing so strongly suggests the seller is dishonest.

maybe jimmy hoffa or a chest of gold is under the mat. dont bother looking if its just condition your worried about.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #29
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerrm View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate the time and thought that went into each response. It's up to me to be realistic about my expectations and ask questions which I'll do on Tuesday when they open. Following that, I'll order a third party inspection and assuming no issues make an offer.
Having read another thread last week, I followed up to ask if the truck was an original short bed or cut. I got the standard answer "as far as we know". I asked for the SPID which was promptly sent. They also volunteered that the oil pressure gauge did not work, probably a short.

I take back everything I said, these guys are very professional and a pleasure to work with . This truck is in the great state of Tennessee after all. Getting the inspection this week, I'll post it for your review.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #30
67swb72klb

The oil pressure gauge is mechanical not electronic if it is a factory gauge
Old 06-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #31
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67swb72klb View Post
The oil pressure gauge is mechanical not electronic if it is a factory gauge
So the gauge needs to be replaced, seems like that would be an easier fix than finding a short?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #32
scooterpimp

Wouldn't stress over it , he did send pic of bed upon request , if he stated it had new brakes , should he pull the drums & post a pic? Its a nice lookin pu.
scooterpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #33
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerrm View Post
So I'm trolling thru eBay and come across this nice high-end truck. Scrolling down I see several pictures of the bed, each covered by a rubber mat. I ask the seller to provide pictures of the bed w/o the mat, which he promptly does. Clearly the bed is not as nice as the rest of the truck but not awful. What bothers me is that this defect was not initially disclosed and in fact hidden.

So is that dishonest? My wife says no b/c the seller quickly addressed the issue by sending pictures. Are my expectations too high?
I agree with your wife...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #34
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

I don't know about you cats... but I think the bed looks like it's in pretty damn good shape!

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #35
sawyerrm

Boy did I hit a nerve, I was wrong, I'm sorry, please see post # 29. Where's the love fellas, why everyone wanna open a can of whoop a$$ on on me?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #36
sawyerrm

Not sure if anyone is still interested in the thread but here's a link to the inspection report. I considered starting a new thread but think that is frowned upon.

http://www.carzinspection.com/viewin...ode=glsm66xmin

Use my name "Robert Sawyer" and "4762" to view the report.

Here's the eBay listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/272213153968...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Impressed again that the dealer put the truck on the rack for the inspector.

This is about as turn-key truck as you can get I think. Here's a summary of the report for anyone that is unable to read the report.

This vehicle is a very usable unit and a very good driver. The paint work is clean and shiny with no chips and very well coated. The right white side panel in the bed side has some orange peel that should buff right out. The doors and hood open and close exceptionally well and are tight. The tailgate operation is also good. All windows and glass are tightly sealed and operate as they should. The steering wheel is a later model with the horn not working at this time. The engine appears to be tight and clean. It is not a recent rebuild but is very quiet and sound. It has a new carburetor. It starts up immediately every time and idles very well. The exhaust system is old and is the original type of stock truck mufflers that sound great. The rear end is a limited slip type that will spin both rear tires. The oil pressure gauge does not work, but the engine has good oil pressure. The steering is original and tight with no obvious steering play. The brakes stop straight and quietly. No leaks or drips were observed after the road test. The only negative issue to me is the support braces that have pen hole rust through. These do not effect any operation and will not affect any other areas of the unit. The floors are solid and clean. The body is also solid and clean with no evidence of underneath rusting to work through or external rust issues. The air condition issue appears to be that the unit has never had A/C but the front core support and the engine came from a vehicle that had A/C at one time. The transmission cooler lines should be rerouted to install a simple external cooler and will support any transmission use or aggressive driving without any problem. All suspension is very tight and clean, Only the two trailing arms for the rear suspension have dry rot cracked bushings, which do not need servicing in my opinion. The drive shaft center support bushing should be mounted to secure the drive shaft properly but did not give any symptom of a problem in the road test. You could spend #500.00 repairing the unit installing a after market transmission cooler and supporting the drive shaft properly and addressing the horn issue and the oil pressure gauge issue and have a very solid unit. The under carriage could have the other mechanical items such as the transmission and lower engine and suspension parts well cleaned and do a fiber surface sealing on the pin hole rust through on the support brackets, as well as a clean plastic under coating. -
Old 06-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #37
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

I provide a full description when I sell. It's the better way of dong things. Second people sense the honesty, so I have no trouble selling items quickly at a fair price.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #38
67chevy_hotrod

He obviously uses the truck as a truck for some stuff so after a good few dings probably though alright let's get a mat in here to stop further damage. Just like when guys rhino line there new trucks. It's a truck...?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super 10 turned K30 (sold)
67chevy_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #39
jocko

I don't think it was dishonest. Nowadays, a seller who goes open kimono on the warts is a nice-to-have, but I sure wouldn't set the bar that high. Caveat emptor applies, and you asked the right question (show me the bed) and he responded. I'd say he's a pretty good seller. Better than most anyway. I understand why you asked - i.e. almost appeared to be hiding the dings in the bed, but I wouldn't go that far. Nice truck.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #40
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCougarine View Post
I looked at this same truck on there. I'm going to guess since there are plenty of detailed pictures of the truck, including ones with it up on a rack, that its probably just an oversight. It doesn't look like theres even really anything to cover up there. Its a dealership so I'd imagine the truck came to them with the cover in it and no one bothered to pull it out before posting it online. Thats just my opinion.
Again I agree with this analogy of what probably happened.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #41
mike16

Sure...Honest as the day is long. Just one little question. why didn't he incorporate the image of the bed with the mat pulled back once a potential customer asked about it. Hmm? He forgot initially, sure, ok but once the question was asked.why did he not correct the "oversite" for the edification of future buyers. Cant say he forgot again. Theres nothing to hide. so why ?1600miles? not even going to go there. besides, I have no right to doubt his honesty. it would be an affront to even think that way.

Bid with confidence

whats he saying about the carrier bearing needing more secure mounting

fibre sealing? I got fibre glass in my corvette. igot fibre in my diet. whats he saying about using it, what ever it is to patch up pen holes

Last edited by mike16; 06-04-2016 at 10:45 PM.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote