The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #26
cebra

Re: Help me choose a lowering kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I've been on tis site since 2003 and have never heard a bad word about ECE their products are top notch and service the same. If you call ECE they will spend as much time as necessary talking with you and to figure out a suspension plan for your truck.
My ECE springs are great and 100x better than the CPP springs I had. With this said, my ECE springs rusted completely overnight which was generic to me and they also shipped them coiled together which was very odd and a nightmare to get them apart (it took longer than the install did). With this said, I would buy again but get the springs powder coated after purchase this time around and if they shipped them coiled again, I would make them take them back and send me another set.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #27
stomper

Re: Help me choose a lowering kit

My only complaint with the ECE kit is the trac bar or panhard bar has to be disconnected to adjust the length. Only one end is threaded. The styles that have both ends threaded LH/RH are adjusted much easier. That being said, it's something you should only have to do once.

Also, I chose to add bags in the back because it's so easy to do. With that you can adjust the ride height depending on load.

Then, the next step is a C-notch and drop blocks because I like it to sit level.

Thirdly, I cut another 1/2 coil or so out of the ECE springs in the front because I could get the back lower with the notch and blocks.

This truck also has CCE's tubular UCA's for better front geometry.
Attached Images

Last edited by stomper; 01-08-2020 at 11:07 AM.
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote