The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
hotrod66

one piece at a time

i am starting this a little late i have ben working since april so i will try and catch everyone up. i first built back in 09, to protest to my whiney neighbor who constantly complained about my old cars sitting in my yard. He called the county which told me i needed to put a fince up around my 3 old cars so i did. then drug the ugliest truck i had out and made it live just building it out of junk that i had. in a strange series of events this became my daily driver so what started out as a joke ended up saving me, life is funny that way. fast forward to 2012 i t boned a van that ran a stop light and bent the frame the truck was deemed totaled but i fixed the best i could with a torch and keep-et on trucking.
then in march of 2014 the 250 that had pulled the truck for 4 years that was junk when it was put in finally died. knowing the frame was bent the truck was disassembled and put on a short frame and a 292 was sourced from my favorite small town junkyard and overhauled. keeping with the original intentions i am building the truck mostly form my parts pile and junkyard parts with few new parts such as a/c (finally!) oh yea and carpet. my goal with this truck is to make the people who get it smile and for the ones who dont can just look down there noses at me in disgust get in there prius and go home to there Mickey mouse world! ps that whiney neighbor finally moved!
Name:  SAM_0081.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  80.0 KB
as of march last shot before tear down
Name:  SAM_0103.jpg
Views: 1532
Size:  68.7 KB
tear down
Name:  SAM_0108.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  76.9 KB
new frame