The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
shenandoah75

Newbie from florida...

Hi All, well i currently own a 2005 K2500 Burb as our only vehicle (daily driver for the mrs and our family tow vehicle for our travel trailer), but have been looking at older chevys in the hope of restoring one for a while... As my wife and i can't agree on a year for a vette (68 vs 63 accordingly), i'm taking my pursuit to an older burb or long bed pickup....

Honestly, I have no idea if i'm ready for this. Grew up with an old 72 Dodge Dart, 71 Volvo 144, an AMC Rebel station wagon, and some old 68 Datsuns in the driveway... Unfortunately probably didn't learn as much from my step father on these as i could/should have.... Meanwhile, my brother's been taking on a 69 camaro for last several years.

I want to get into the game and figure with the exception of body work even a novice like me ought to be able to do it. Anyway, i continue searching for a rust-free 72 pickup or such on various sites. I think the truck is probably more justifiable than another 8-9 seet burb at this point, but we'll see...

Already enjoying reading posts on the gas tank swaps among others. If i can eventually have a truck that is along the lines of this one, boy i'd be proud to give that to one of my sons one day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4589290585

-brad
shenandoah75 is offline   Reply With Quote