The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #16
neo297

Re: 2004 yukon xl tranny slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
Wow, now this super fluid keeps transmissions from burning up?

His 3-4 clutch failure is not fluid related. Low fluid level maybe but not the type

If the transmission gets hot enough to break down dexron III its toast anyway I dont care what fluids in it.
my fluids are checked regularly and levels were good there was no warning of impending failure in regards to any slippage or shifting issues. I have had a slight noise that no one was able to isolate( wheel bearings, tire ballance/wear patterns were checked and tranny fluid replaced with a new tranny filter just in case and the fluid was red and not burnt then, that was 3- months ago there was no metal found in pan but no change in noise after) that noise was intermitent almost a harmonic that would increase in volume with acceleration and decrease with deceleration but was not there with coasting. Then one day it drove to work fine and upon start up and heading home 3-4 started slipping like hell. 1-2 and reverse work fine.

Last edited by neo297; 03-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.
neo297 is offline   Reply With Quote